Top to bottom, left to right:
- This Stockholm loft‘s harmonious furniture arrangement
- Dreaming of an interior courtyard of my own, someday…
- LA-based Building Block crafts leather into simple shapes
- Drinking glass turned minimalist planter — DIY potential!
- Norwegian interior designer Elisabeth Heier’s airy kitchen
Tommy Hilfiger’s new Fall/Winter 2015 Home Collection is out and they very kindly invited me to dress up my guest bedroom in one of their pretty new prints. i’m trying to break out of my black and white mold, and add a dash of color, so blue seemed a very soothing choice for a room for guests to rest and relax. i chose the canyon paisley print comforter, and paired it with their baja striped sheet set just for fun, and to add a bit of modern contrast.
Tommy Hilfiger has been around for three decades, which is kind of hard to believe because their prints are so fresh, with a genuine East Coast vibe — preppy with a modern twist. the new bedding collection has a unique take on their all-American tradition but reflects the classic, cool spirit at the heart of their brand. to celebrate the new collection, Tommy Hilfiger’s is providing merchandise from its Home Collection (online) as a prize for us to give away!
to enter to win $500 (based upon original undiscounted retail prices) worth of merchandise from the Tommy Hilfiger home collection, simply:
• visit Tommy Hilfiger, and choose your favorite comforter.
• comment below, and tell us which Tommy Hilfiger comforter you’d choose.
• please comment by friday, september 4th, 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• this giveaway is worldwide! but if an international winner is selected at random, they must cover shipping.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account the week of September 7th, so be sure and follow along. Tommy Hilfiger is providing the prize, but we are running this giveaway. for any questions, please send them our way, not to Tommy Hilfiger.
i was out hunting for fresh flowers this morning, and it seems my echo park neighborhood may be lacking for a small, local florist. a floral boutique is much needed, and if it’s here and i missed it, please do let me know where to find it. i know silver lake has the bosky dell and clementine floralworks but i couldn’t find a sweet corner shop carrying great flowers. it made me miss ampersand, a local flower shop and design studio based in san francisco’s Mission District. ampersand is tucked away in an alleyway — a tiny space in a former garage with a bright turquoise door. shop owners benjamin & emerson are just as charming as their shop and so many photographers have captured their floral design and shop so beautifully, i wanted to share. i think this might inspire anyone out there with an inkling of an idea to open a floral boutique near echo park and I sure hope so — we need you!
this is the bright and airy copenhagen-based home of a creative couple living and their young daughter, featured recently on bolig liv. a wonderful mix of bright and bold color paired with some lovely danish-modern touches — like that great mid-century sideboard, eames chairs and the pair of Kaare Klint Safari Chairs – a gift from their family. naturally, i’m a big fan of their custom space-saving built-in bookcase, since i just had one built for myself (more on that soon!). built-ins are the best, but if you’re renting, or haven’t go the budget for custom-made, there’s loads of great alternatives, like the much-blogged about Ikea billy bookcase hack. for the full tour, visit bolig liv.