i have this pinboard called aqualand and it’s one of my favorites. it has no real theme, other than everything i pin to it must be shades of aqua, which when grouped together i find incredibly soothing to look at. these interiors with cool aqua and pale turquoise blues are quite magical, too. rarely do i decorate using blue — do you? and i’m not sure why now that i’m looking a little more closely at these images — they’re all so uniquely beautiful and also a little bit exotic, like a quick virtual trip to the Mediterranean. perhaps i need a beach house where i’ll decorate with nothing but pale aqua blue. i’d be quite fine with that.
one of the really fun things about moving into a new home, is hunting down new (or old!) treasures to fill it. one of my most cherished and recent finds is the vintage moroccan lantern i found online at millay vintage. run by Mary Spears, owner and stylist of All things lovely for the wardrobe and home, millay vintage is a webshop and philadelphia storefront. millay vintage has a really pretty, well-curated collection of gently loved vintage clothing, furniture and home accessories, also priced quite affordably — which is so refreshing in this day and age. the items at millay vintage are also all styled and photographed quite beautifully by mary, so you can very easily envision them in your own home. have a look around, and also follow millay vintage on instagram for a truly lovely feed.
• all photography via millay vintage.
Top to bottom, left to right:
- This Stockholm loft‘s harmonious furniture arrangement
- Dreaming of an interior courtyard of my own, someday…
- LA-based Building Block crafts leather into simple shapes
- Drinking glass turned minimalist planter — DIY potential!
- Norwegian interior designer Elisabeth Heier’s airy kitchen
Tommy Hilfiger’s new Fall/Winter 2015 Home Collection is out and they very kindly invited me to dress up my guest bedroom in one of their pretty new prints. i’m trying to break out of my black and white mold, and add a dash of color, so blue seemed a very soothing choice for a room for guests to rest and relax. i chose the canyon paisley print comforter, and paired it with their baja striped sheet set just for fun, and to add a bit of modern contrast.
Tommy Hilfiger has been around for three decades, which is kind of hard to believe because their prints are so fresh, with a genuine East Coast vibe — preppy with a modern twist. the new bedding collection has a unique take on their all-American tradition but reflects the classic, cool spirit at the heart of their brand. to celebrate the new collection, Tommy Hilfiger’s is providing merchandise from its Home Collection (online) as a prize for us to give away!
to enter to win $500 (based upon original undiscounted retail prices) worth of merchandise from the Tommy Hilfiger home collection, simply:
• visit Tommy Hilfiger, and choose your favorite comforter.
• comment below, and tell us which Tommy Hilfiger comforter you’d choose.
• please comment by friday, september 4th, 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• this giveaway is worldwide! but if an international winner is selected at random, they must cover shipping.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account the week of September 7th, so be sure and follow along. Tommy Hilfiger is providing the prize, but we are running this giveaway. for any questions, please send them our way, not to Tommy Hilfiger.