in another episode of what I’m currently pinning it looks like i’m leaning towards the feminine mystique — doesn’t it? pretty pastels, and swirly marble — even the cutest leopard print briefs made it to my pinboards. many of these pins made it to my blushing beauty board, as you might expect, but a few ended up in my beauty bar and random beauty boards, too.
Hannah morrow is a UK born, Los Angeles-based designer who studied 3D design at Camberwell School of Art in London, specializing in bone china. hannah now has her own lovely line of delicate bone china — h for hannah, designed with the delicate feel of traditional china, that’s super thin but also durable, great for everyday use. All of hannah’s designs are handmade in the UK from beautiful bone china by a small family run manufacturer utilizing techniques used for hundreds of years. The quality is evident in every piece, so thin that the light shines through them and lovely to hold and use. Hannah’s designs are deceptively simple and draw from her many influences — aiming to design beautiful products that people can enjoy every day. we thought you might like the chance to win $500 worth of h for hannah’s beautiful bone china — any that you fancy!
to enter to win $500 worth of h for hannah bone china of your choice, simply:
• visit the h for hannah online shop and pick out your favorite pieces.
• comment here on the blog sharing your favorites.
• please comment by monday, december 7th, 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• hurrah! this giveaway is worldwide. should an international winner be selected at random, they would be required to pay shipping fees.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account later on the week of december 7th, so be sure and follow along.
there’s nothing worse than bad lighting. it can take you from looking your most beautiful to a frightening Frankenstein moment instantly. But Philips Lighting is introducing a new line of dimmable LED light bulbs that are a complete game changer. I always want to use LED’s for energy efficiency, but i don’t like the weird blue casting they create — so cold and unwelcoming. but Philips sent me their new Philips LEDs with a dimmable warm glow effect to try out and i am sold! even when lily was photographing these images around the house she mentioned how great the light they give off is — and shooting in dim light is challenging!
the Philips LEDs with a dimmable warm glow effect take lighting to the next level by changing color temperature as they dim. We put my dining room and overhead kitchen light fixtures on dimmer switches to test it out, and voilá — lovely soft and cozy light! Through dimming alone, Philips LED’s move from producing a warm incandescent light effect to a softer sunset light effect, helping you to create the perfect ambiance needed for every room in your home, and for every mood or occasion this fall and beyond — they’re really nice to read by, too. The new Philips line includes five bulbs, offering a lighting solution for any room or fixture, and they provide up to 85% energy savings and last up to 15 years. i will definitely be using the Philips LED’s from here on out — they have really made the light in my house so much more warm and flattering.
• photography by lily glass for sfgirlbybay.
1. well, i just had to have these POM POM BABOUCHE SLIPPERS from maven collection.
2. love this pattern: IKEA PS 2014 Rug; 3. antique gold midas chair from rockett st. george; 4. very festive brendan ravenhill bottle openers for areaware via MONO hawaii; 5. aurora string lights discreetly perfect for holiday decor.
6. stash your precious goods in make history’s treasure tin in blush.
7. barr-co. hand cream really knows their packaging.
8. belgian linen pillows in the prettiest colors, from west elm; 9. tom dixon plum cocktail shaker from yliving makes a mean martini; 10.i like the shape of these vertical copper plant markers from shop terrain; 11. these decked out pink stone coasters from west elm are very elegant.
12. i could see sitting on santa’s lap on the pink slub velvet orianna settee from anthropologie.
this is the nilsson media stand from rove concepts, and it’s the perfect piece of furniture for my entry way. it’s an odd spot and challenging to furnish, but this credenza fit all my needs — it’s low and sleek, with drawers for my dining linens, and because there’s shelving, it’s the perfect spot for a few of my favorite cookbooks. there’s also holes for wiring in the back so it’s also the ideal spot to stash my jambox. rove concepts is a mid-century modern and Nordic furniture retailer based in Vancouver, British columbia with shipping all throughout North America. they carry a line of classic reproduction mid-century modern furniture, lighting and accessories, as well as their own exclusive collection of Scandinavian furniture designs with accessories coming soon. to introduce you to their beautiful collections we’re giving away $500 to spend towards anything you’d like from rove concepts.
There are 4 ways to enter to win $500 to spend towards anything you’d like from rove concepts:
• enter by clicking on the links below.
• 1) Follow @roveconcepts on Instagram; 2) Sign up for Rove Concepts’ newsletter; 3) Tweet “Enter to win with @sfgirlbybay a $500 shopping spree at RoveConcepts!; 4) Refer a friend and Get 2 extra entries for anyone that enters via the link below. The more times you enter, the greater your chance of winning!
• Contest ends December 1st 11:59 PM PST – 1 winner will be drawn at random December 2nd 3:00 PM PST.
• Winners will have 3 business days to respond to the winner announcement. We will redraw if the winners do not respond in the required time. Winners are responsible for the shipping cost of the order.