down by the seashore.

1sea

dayataglance

today, in honor of all the wonderful contributions made to the new sfgirlbybay flickr pool, i thought i’d scour the group for some beach cottage inspiration. you know, the kind of soothing home away from home, down by the sea, that you just want to curl up in, whether the sun is blazing, or the cold fog has rolled in — it’s just plain comfy cozy! grab a good book, or start a new craft project, or light a fire and bake some fresh bread. just hang out, barefoot and happy snuggled in your favorite slouchy khaki’s, a t-shirt and softest sweater. can you feel it? thanks for all the amazing, inspiring contributions to the group, so far everyone! keep ’em coming! i look forward to sharing much, much more.

8sea

ahow

hownowdesign

chair

Rcakewalk

4sea

LeilaLeilaLeila

Comments
14 Responses to “down by the seashore.”
  1. Christy says:

Nicely curated as always!
    I have been addicted to vintage fans lately. They make me want to sip iced tea with mint while lounging in the afternoon.

2. Teri says:

So beautiful… oooh a beveled heart mirror!!!

3. Oh the Sea. The Sea!! Why does it capture our hearts and souls so?

4. Dallas Shaw says:

these are stunning. I adore the heart shaped mirror. Just bought a vintage fan like the one in these photos. love love love

dallas

5. renee anne says:

oh hello lovely victoria,

thank you so much for including my picture with all these lovely pretty gorgeous ones.

I was just casually scrolling through, sighing at all the beauty, when I noticed mine! haha out of context I was a little confused.

But you are really made my day. THANK YOU xx

Renee

6. monique says:

Victoria,
    I am flattered that you liked the photos of my apartment enough to blog about. Thank you so much! Love your Flickr group! See you at STITCH!

7. jenny says:

So nice, restful, peaceful. It’s blowing a gale outside on a wintry Melbourne night. And not in a nice way.
    Oh, I wish a whole bunch of SFgirlbybay-ers (led by you, Victoria), could march into my house, push me aside,and make it look like these pictures and all the other lovely things here. But that’s laziness, isn’t it? I should just get with the program.
    Question: how to deal with clutter? Is it possible to display it artfully? Not the one bowl, one jar, one vase and a book, all colour co-ordinated, but the life stuff. The bill I need to check, the videos I need to watch (Yes! VHS!), the ipod cable (it IS tied up with a nice grey ribbon!), the electrician’s receipt (new fuse box – yay!). OH, it’s one of those days.

8. Wonderful photos! I really like the chair the towels…the dreamy light is great.

9. victoria says:

renee & monique – you are quite welcome! thanks for contributing to the group!

jenny – i think the best way to relieve a cluttered look is to group ‘like objects’ together – ie.. all your shells in one place. all your white ceramics displayed as a grouping. it looks more streamlined and cleaner that way! :)

10. Sarah says:

Lovely post!
    So many gorgeous photos :)

11. shalini says:

Beautiful collection of shots.

12. Leaca says:

beautiful collection. thanks for including me.

13. all of these are so sweet, makes me long for the beach

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...