guest post: skinny laminx.

this lovely guest post is brought to you by heather moore of skinny laminx.

JasperMorrison

[ book of spoons ]

Not long after I’d started blogging, my husband was given Jasper Morrison’s Book of Spoons, which had me digging out all our spoons to photograph them.

Skinny-laMinx-spoons

[ Skinny laMinx ]

This seemed to start lots of other people off on the same craze, and soon there were spoons pics all over the web.

happyaccidents

[ Hoping for happy accidents ]

lena

[ Lena Corwin ]

I collected some of these pics together and, with the photographers’ permission, made my Borrowed Spoons tea towel design (below).

towel

Three-spoons

[ Borrowed Spoons tea towels ]

Every now and again, I still get contacted by people about the spoons, so I thought I’d do a Flickr search and see what kinds of spoons pics are floating around here. Hope you enjoy!

roger

[ Roger Smith – spoons he made for a craft show ]

may

[ Mayalou’s mother’s collection of spoons ]

penwren

[ Penwren’s wooden spoons collection ]

Jurgen-Lehl

[ Jurgen Lehl – a german artist ]

spoons

[ Elsvo ]

vintage

[ Vintage goodness – Tupperware spoons ]

Now, have you got spoons? Go on, take them out and take some pics!

Comments
13 Responses to “guest post: skinny laminx.”
  1. Mallory says:

spoons! superb, spectacular spoons!

2. puglyfeet says:

Impressive. I’ve never seen so many spatulas and spoons in once place.

3. wow! for the love of spoons! great towels!

4. siblingmine says:

Lovely post Heather. Makes me want to climb into my kitchen and start a bake-a-thon of delicious opportunities.

5. Jennifer says:

I guess I am not the only one who brings spoons home from the flea market constantly. My weakness: enamel spoons. Thanks for sharing!

6. Whitney says:

I love collections in general. Its amazing how we often overlook certain objects until we see them in a grouping. Beautifully done.

7. *gemmifer* says:

Wow! I haven’t thought of those Tupperware measuring spoons in ages… a set still resides in a kitchen drawer of the house I grew up in. I may have to ask them to come live with me instead.

8. Julie says:

My main set of (Tupperware) measuring spoons are considered vintage?? Oh no. I’m feeling old.

9. Great post Heather – you can’t beat a collection of wooden spoons of all shapes & sizes – there’s always the perfect one for a job in the kitchen. I love your new ‘Spoons’ colourway too!

10. greenolive says:

It’s great to find out the story behind the design – I love to hear these stories.

11. Coder74 says:

Ru, I know exactly what you mean! ,

12. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.I’m impressed. You’re truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. I’m saving this for future use.

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] link is being shared on Twitter right now. @skinnylaminx, an influential author, said I've got a guest […]