good reads: judging a book by its cover.

anna1

okay, so i’ve got a mean blog-slash-girl crush on door sixteen. anna dorfman just oozes style, and really, really good taste. i knew she was a graphic designer, but, i did not really realize that she designs beautiful book covers.

ANNA5

i’m a sucker for a great book jacket, and when i saw these, i just had to share. oh anna, not only can you track down the best of the best white floors, you are a girl of a bazillion other talents! for more of anna’s eye candy, visit her blog door sixteen.

ANNA6

ANNA4

ANNA3

ANNA2

Comments
12 Responses to “good reads: judging a book by its cover.”
  1. lindsay says:

She is talented, aye? I regularly stalk her blog and flickr stream for inspiration. Her attention to detail (and her reno results) really motivate me to be a better DIY homeowner :)

2. Anna @ D16 says:

Victoria!!! Gawwwwwd. My face is PURPLE right now!

I’ve got a blog-slash-girl crush on YOU, too, so this means a lot. Thank you. :)

3. victoria says:

anna – haha! no need to blush! i really love all that you share with us. and these are just so good! i had to show them off.

4. Courtney says:

This is amazing! As someone who has been known to choose a book by its cover, I’m so in awe of Anna and her many talents! Can’t wait to check out her blog. Thanks for sharing, Victoria.

5. Wild and wonderful differences how each book as it’s own alter twin.

6. Justine says:

Anna is great, I never miss one of her blogs, she has so much great info on design and home improvement. Definitely my favorite blogger out there!

7. Erin says:

Beautiful covers, especially the one for White Blood!

When I worked at a bookstore, someone told me about a strange phenomenon: books with covers that show a woman’s neck and shoulders from behind seem to sell pretty well, even if it’s an obscure book, and even the story has NOTHING to do with a woman… tricky! Trust me, once you hear that, you’ll notice those covers all the time.

8. christi says:

I bought a copy of Mercy of Thin Air because of it’s cover! I got lucky that it’s actually an interesting and tactile, sensual little read. Funny.

9. I didn’t know Anna designs book covers, either! Wow, these are amazing. What talent.

10. tamara says:

These images alone make me want to rush out and buy all the books. My bookcase is creaking already, and I have only looked up the details of two books so far on Amazon! Beautiful work by Anna.

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Victoria Smith and Anna Dorfman, Bethany Seawright. Bethany Seawright said: Ooo… I'm a sucker for a good book cover too. :) RT @sfgirlbybay sometimes, you can judge a book by its cover: http://ow.ly/Wu8h […]