never too much turquoise.

1t

via vintage printable

i saw this fantastic and inspiring image (above) at vintage printable (which i found via design for mankind – thank you, erin!) and then i couldn’t help but notice all the turquoise that kept popping up in the sfgirlbybay flickr pool. so, i thought it might be a fun color study to seek out some more, and share a little bit of design inspiration in the form of that very ‘poppie’ color turquoise blue! thanks very much everyone, for including these inspiring images in the group!

foundnowhome2

love this antique chair with these modern-looking lockers from foundnowhome.

2tur

office & accessories from …jutta… & a cute vintage clock from junkculture.

dottie1

hints of turquoise pop in this room from dottie angel.

abbytrysagain

cute votives from abbytrysagain.

4mos

turquoise accessories, clockwise from left: madeline bea, ATLITW, jackie rueda and spot color print from sfgirlbybay.

atlitw

just a single splash from ATLITW.

3tur

i love yellow & turquoise together. clockwise from left: dottie angel, cori kindred, dottie angel’s unexpected use for clogs, and the perfect candles from reflect / refract.

jaboopee

a bold sitting room from jaboopee.

3920458108_5b04614270_b copy

amazing map from ethanollie.

1tur

styling with turquoise, clockwise from left: via gathering spriggs, MellieMell, simply hue, and luzia pimpinella ♥ {nic}.

candi

an adorable bedroom & paint-by-numbers from candi mandi (above & below).

horse

Comments
32 Responses to “never too much turquoise.”
  1. such a fun roundup! never too much turquoise + never will tire of vintage lockers.

2. Mandi says:

Thanks Victoria for featuring my bedroom! :) I love your blog ever so.

3. karey m. says:

oh, you had me at turquoise. must kirtsy now. xoxo.

4. Loving everything. What a find your blog is–you feature such beautiful things.

5. friend says:

turquoise is such a happy color and always welcome in my world. :)

6. Turquoise…perfection. Also, loving the huge Can’t Buy Me Love poster. Ahhhhhh, good ‘ole Beatles never disappoint!

7. Jutta says:

Lovely post, turquoise is my favorite color… Thanks for featuring my little office :)

8. i’m loving that color… such awesome pics! have a lovely weekend my dear!

xo katherine aka. urban flea :)

9. Lots of beautiful inspiration! Blue in all it’s many wonderful hues is always a favorite!

10. Tif says:

this is just pure turquoise eye candy!! it has cheered my day… i can’t seem to get enough of it at the moment. last week i painted my laundry room out white, save for the sink unit which got a nice bright coat of turquoise. just waiting for the sun to come out so i may capture it’s glory on film :)

have a good weekend my friend
    Tif x

11. Love, love loving turquoise too!! I posted a bit about it recently – after Pantone announced their colour for 2010 is Turquoise 15-5519.

Such a lovely collection of images, thanks!

jules :)

12. Jill says:

i heart turquoise. am trying to convince my husband that it is THE color to paint our laundry room as we speak:)

13. theaxx says:

Oooh yes, a bit obsessed myself :) Even made the cover of spoonful in shades of blue…

YUM~!

thea.
    xx

spoonfulzine.

14. yay! i was wondering why my flickr was getting so much traffic…thanks so much for the mention….

15. Jane says:

Thank you, Victoria for featuring my pictures:) Turquoise is absolutely one of my favorite colors! x

16. Kelly says:

So pretty, thank you. I recognize that little floral decanter/bowl set in the 3rd from last set….my mom still has it, from Avon in the 70s!

17. Sylvie says:

Oh I never tire of turquoise. Love it, love it. That first photo with the chair and lockers is simply gorgeous. I’m kicking myself for selling that exact same chair in the final days of my shop for $35! Ahk!

18. Brandi says:

I couldn’t pick a single favorite if I tried. It’s that turquoise. Gets me every time. I’d paint my walls and the stairway and the sky that color if I could, not to overdo it or anything.

19. Clare says:

Such pretty interiors! They go well with your beautiful blog.

20. Jennie says:

I absolutely love turquoise! Every house my husband and I have moved into gets a fresh coating of turquoise paint asap. Love your blog by the way. You always find such beautiful pictures!

21. victoria says:

so glad you all like it! and if you’ve never been here before, welcome!

and, yeah – i want that beatles print, too!!

22. Susanna-Cole says:

I never tire of turquoise, I love all shades of blue-green! When I have my own place, there will definitely be lots of turquoise in it! Want to paint my walls that shade of turquoise in the third photo!

xoxo,
    S-C

23. Gigi says:

I completely share your love of turquoise, and these photos made me swoon. Thanks, as always, for the inspiration! xo Gigi

24. Kerri says:

I love your finds, Victoria! Thanks for sharing. Turquoise is a classic color, absolutely beautiful!

25. tara says:

hooray for turquoise!

26. kim says:

turquoise is pantone’s color of 2010

I personally don’t love the exact shade they chose but I thought it was fab.

27. Jennifer Newman says:

I LOVE turquoise!
    My mother thought I was nuts when I painted my kitchen cabinets a deep dark turquoise to show off all my vintage fiestaware! Love it, love it, love it!

28. whitney says:

Am loving the quilts from dottie angel. So inspiring!

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by sfgirlbybay: never too much turquoise! inspiring images from the sfgirlbybay flickr pool! http://ow.ly/WU1q

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Victoria Smith, Cassie, Gabrielle Utton, melissa, simplygrove and others. simplygrove said: Gorgeous! RT @sfgirlbybay: never too much turquoise! inspiring images from the sfgirlbybay flickr pool! http://ow.ly/WU1q […]

3. […] how to fire and polish polymer clay, but I found a wonderful tutorial on making faux turquoise. …never too much turquoise. | sfgirlbybayand then i couldn't help but notice all the turquoise that kept popping up in the sfgirlbybay flickr […]