inspiration comes in many forms.

vee

vee*.

i love seeing other creative people’s inspiration boards almost as much as i love creating ones of my own. there’s no better way to capture your vision, whether is be interior design, fashion, photography, or graphics than putting images that resonate with you together as a collection.

i keep design journals, too and love looking back to see my changing tastes over time. even what you stick up on your fridge can spark some ideas inside you. gathering colors, shapes and images that inspire you and keeping them within your eye-line can really help motivate your creativity. here’s a glimpse of some currently inspiring me.

miss-vu

lobster

lobster and swan.

bc

**bc**.

dottie

dottie angel.

Comments
29 Responses to “inspiration comes in many forms.”
  1. Celine says:

I just created my own inspiration gallery, so I can appreciate how personal, enlightened and meaningful they really are. Lovely pics, love vee’s simple installation.

2. Sarade says:

It is certainly interesting to see how other creative people organize their inspirations and ideas. I have always kept mine in scrapbooks and constantly add to and edit them as my tastes evolve. Ideally a bulletin board would be nice once I get a studio.

3. vee says:

thank you for the inclusion, love the polaroid wall but all are very inspiring! :)

4. Vanessa says:

Wow this entire post was beautiful with all the different inspiring layouts. LOVE the Polaroid wall.

5. i love these! i have a little inspiration board of my own but never thought to share it with others. perhaps i’ll have to do so. :)
    btw, i am very much adoring your blog, you are wonderful inspiration!

6. metier says:

this is inspiration enough, we don’t even need to make our own! thanks for those great photos!

7. Kate says:

Wow, these are spectacular. There are some wonderful blogs there that are new to me. Inspirational. Thank you!

8. Oooh, thanks for the wall love! I’m changing it up for V-Day this afternoon!

9. Brandi says:

I love looking at other people’s inspiration boards. They’re all so different and beautiful. I have one in my room but I haven’t fully taken advantage of it yet. That will change. Oh, yes it will.

10. Jenn says:

Lovely! I enjoy seeing how other people have organized their inspirations – that alone is very inspiring. Thanks for posting this!

11. these are lovely ~ thank you

12. Raru says:

So cute. I love them all. Thank you.

13. Carole says:

Love them all but most of all I love that eiffel tower lamp in the first picture!

14. Nayana says:

Oh My God ! Your blog is amazing ! Hello from Brazil !!

15. victoria says:

thank you! glad y’all like them – i got so inspired gathering these!!

can’t wait to see your valentine’s board, rachel!

and i love that image, vee!

16. Ren says:

I have a wall of cork which I am always changing. I keep on adding tiles to my wall and am about to start a new wall in my office- I take photos of them but think they are too intimate to share. It actually makes me uncomfortable when others spend any degree of time looking at my wall- as if they will know too much. Of course my husband, children and mother are the exceptions!

17. zz says:

These are so very beautiful. I’m inspired to dash home and attach my magazines with a pair of scissors. I have a huge leather-bound journal and a special box that I like to keep my pretty things.

18. Colie says:

I LOVE inspiration boards. I’ve been creating them since high school (though at that point it was usually on the inside of my locker ;-) My fave mag was domino before they stop publishing and they were great at posting these with stories on featured designers. this is a great post!

19. I need to get myself organized… I NEED A WALL like these NOW…. LOVE it…

20. lauren says:

That polaroid wall is amazing.

21. tenthings. says:

I love to make inspiration boards! It’s such a wonderful way to get what’s in your heart and mind in view and in focus.

22. LOVE this so much! thanks for sharing :)

23. pve says:

Victoria,
    love to be apart of your inspiration –
    I can send you some of my dream boards….
    pve design
    The Zhush sent me.

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] to be inspired?   More inspiration […]

2. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by littlebrownpen: Great inspiration boards. RT: @sfgirlbybay how do you get inspired? http://ow.ly/12HYX

3. […] just to get some inspiration and see some pretty pictures. One of the blogs that I really like is SF Girl by Bay. And there’s a post over there this week that I’m adoring. It’s a selection of […]

4. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by nichole robertson, Victoria Smith, Rina Espiritu, How I DIY, deanmorris and others. deanmorris said: Some great inspiration boards on @sfgirlbybay http://tinyurl.com/yhe3hja […]

5. […] inspiration wall (which i have yet to set up, so the walls of others like these.) […]