heads up, bloggers!

blog-it-forward1

just a heads up to everyone who’s joined the 300(!) bloggers sharing their inspiration, and for those of you following, in the very first ‘blog it forward’ mashup!

• we’re beginning wednesday, february 10th, so there’s a few things you should know about the mashup.

• we’ll be starting up on ten blogs simultaneously on the 10th, and from there, for the next month or so (not including weekends – that just wouldn’t be fair!) you’ll be posting (or reading about) what inspires these bloggers the most, on ten different blogs per day.

• the first ten blogs to begin are: creature comforts, design for mankind, heart fish, hula seventy, ink on my fingers, oh, hello friend, paper pony, poppytalk, sfgirlbybay and smile and wave. thanks so much to all these ladies for helping me start this up, or let’s face it, we’d be here for an eternity!

• with the help of my web designer, the amazing hijiri of heart fish, we’ve created a separate page on sfgirlbybay which i will link to here on monday, february 8th. you can review this page, so that you can see the links for every single blog participating, and the date they are scheduled to publish! so, if you are participating, look alphabetically for your blog name.

• you’ll see that we’ve divided the 300 bloggers up alphabetically, into 10 groups of 30 bloggers each.

• each of these 30 bloggers will follow one of the ten starter bloggers, i mentioned above. whew. i hope this all makes sense! when you see the ‘blog it forward’ list page on monday, i think it will all be quite clear.

• so, on wednesday february 10th, the ‘blog it forward’ mashup will commence on the ten blogs listed, and then from there move on down the group list daily, in the order and dates you see on the list.

okay, time for me to take a nap! may this all work out well! and i hope there are many more of these mashups to come. cheers! v.

[*image via vivienne strauss.]

Comments
42 Responses to “heads up, bloggers!”
  1. legalstyle says:

sounds so good. thanks for organizing this, v!

2. Amy says:

Tweeted re: this! Excited for it to start and big thanks for all your hard work on this :)

3. victoria says:

thanks guys! i think it will be really clear, if all confusing when you see the list with all the links. :)

4. Ez says:

Wow Victoria! You are seriously amazing! Thank you so so much for taking your time to make this whole thing happen! Huge hugs from me to you.
    Can’t wait to read about what inspires everyone!
    xo Ez

5. jan says:

Yes Victoria, thanks for all your hard work on this. I’m sure linking up to 300 was no easy task!

6. Wow! 300 BLOGGERS!!! That is CRAZY, but I can’t wait. I think you will need a serious vacation once this is all said and done. Hehe. Thank you again.

7. Lesley says:

So majorly excited about this! :)

8. victoria says:

i’m very happy to have ez & jan as starters!

and yeah, my fingers are a little numb. ;)

but it will all hopefully work well!!

thanks girls!

9. Stephanie says:

This is great! Thanks for putting this together!

10. Lili says:

300! wow. I’m so excited to see this project take off and also so disappointed in myself that I wasn’t able to e-mail in that I wanted to participate. I set a reminder for myself this morning but wasn’t even able to get to a computer till now! Hopefully I’ll be quicker about it next time.

11. allyn says:

thanks for putting together! so very excited. and it’s my first badge *sigh* so excited!

12. Hijiri says:

You are truly amazing, Vic!!! I can’t wait to see everyone’s posts and follow it forwarding everyday! and Thank you so much for the shout out ((blush)) <3<3<3

13. Thanks you SO much for organising this Victoria.
    You are a saint and clearly have a great love for the blogging world.
    I still want to send you that cupcake print ;)

14. Wow! This sounds super exciting! How do I get involved for next time round?
    I loved hearing from and learning from you at Alt Summit. I wasn’t able to meet you, but hope to next time!

15. victoria says:

you’re all very welcome – thanks for contributing! it should be fun!

alisa – just follow my tweets, or the blog and we’ll announce the next time we do it. :)

16. Anna says:

Thanks for organizing, Victoria! I can’t wait!

17. danni h. says:

hurray, this is so exciting! thanks for all your hard work love! xo. danni

18. still a little mixed up about this but looking forward to it just the same. can’t wait to see it live!

19. Helena says:

yay can’t wait, what a great idea this is, thank you so much!

20. Susannah says:

“awesome” just doesn’t really cover this – you are a star, Victoria! xo

21. Jessie Rose says:

Is there space for more blogs in this? Thanks!

22. Katie says:

I am so excited! Thanks so much for organizing this!

23. Piper says:

Wow, Victoria thanks so much for putting this together, you rock! 300 – WOW!! you must be exhausted after putting all this together :) I’m so excited about seeing what everyone does and being apart of this.

24. i simply can not wait for this to start so exciting a real treat

25. charlane says:

i’m so excited to be a part of this.

26. So amazing, all the work you’ve put into this, Victoria!! Thank you! xox

27. Tina says:

Thanks Victoria, I’m looking forward to participating in this!!

28. Doris Chung says:

I’m still new to the blogging world and trying to find my voice. But I want to be able to participate by helping out somehow.

I’ll promote where I can.

dorisdays.wordpress.com
    dorisdays.blogspot.com

29. victoria says:

i’m so happy you’re all excited, and involved!

and thank you doris – that is so nice! sounds to me like you’ve found your voice, already. :)

30. Amy P says:

So exciting and thanks so much for all of your hard work. Very much looking forward to be inundated with inspiration!

31. thanks for coordinating, i know it must have been ton of work. i think it will be well worth it in the end with tons and tons of inspiration!

32. Thank you Victoria! This is my first week EVER of blogging and how lucky am I that I get to be a part of your very cool mashup. Your site was my very first link, followed by my link to creaturecomforts blog to give her credit for the very first badge I’ve ever posted. Now, if I could only figure out the darn trackback process :o)

33. Deborah says:

Victoria- you’re obviously such a mentor to so many of us bloggers young and old. What a generous spirit you are and so “outstanding in your field”. Get out your overalls!
    thank you, thank you for your support.

34. Really really really looking forward to taking part in this – oh what fun there will be.

Thanks heaps Victoria!

jules

35. Steph says:

Same here, very much looking forward to this as my thoughts and beliefs about inspiration have changed so much over the years. I am also especially looking forward to read everyone else’s feelings about it. All the best everyone, I’ll see you in the mash-up!

36. Alexis says:

This is such a fantastic idea. I am so excited to be a part of it!

37. erin says:

looks great, victoria! thank you!

38. jamaicabyles says:

Great idea! Looking forward to being inspired……..

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by sfgirlbybay: if you are participating in the ‘blog it forward’ mashup, here’s a heads up on how it will work. please spread the word. http://ow.ly/144sc

2. […] Tweets about this great post on TwittLink.com […]

3. Your article was most tweeted by Interior Design experts in the Twitterverse…

Come see other top popular articles surfaced by Interior Design experts!…

4. […] February 10. How it will work is laid out by our very organized host, Victoria, in her post here. There will be a separate page added to her site on Monday just for the mashup, so check back after […]