ivy style.

8i

i couldn’t help but notice how lovely this penthouse apartment was, when ivy style33 added it to the sfgirlbybay flickr pool. Ivy style33 is a freelance decorator and interior design consultant living in frankfurt, germany, and writes the design blog busy bee, as well as running the handmade and vintage-inspired etsy shop ivy style 33.

6I

being me, always in love with crisp white and eclectic interiors, i wanted to share how ivy style33 puts affordable ikea pieces mixed with natural woods and neutrals to use beautifully in her home. you can easily see where ivy style33 got her taste – the mosaic below is her mother’s lovely home which she helped to renovate. thanks ivy style33 for sharing your inspiring images in the pool!

5I

1i

7I

2I

10i

11i

13i

14i

9i

Comments
27 Responses to “ivy style.”
  1. desiree says:

Hey there ;)
    I just came across your blog. very nice ;) I am a fan of all crispy and white to. I just finished my workspace and before that an all white bedroom SO I love to see the picture above. If you have time you might like to come and visit ;)
    All the best from Amsterdam.
    Desiree

2. Great pics. Super inspiring!

3. carmen says:

What a lovely place!
    Its so peaceful!
    Thanks for sharing!!!!

Carmen
    buscut.blogspot.com

4. Tonia says:

Very calming and uplifting: an apartment you can breathe properly in!

5. Marthe says:

Beautiful! I definitely regret not painting my walls all white when I moved in!

And I’m wanting a white sofa too, but I don’t think it will be very practical…

6. Wow! That is beautiful! It kind of seems like your apartment in another life : )

7. Courtney says:

Oh, it is so soft and welcoming! I adore this home (but cringe at the thought of my cat’s hair ending up all over the pretty white furniture). So inspirational though, and the photography is fabulous.

8. bridget says:

this place is GORGEOUS.

9. Lauren says:

beautiful – I love the large windows and view.

10. laura evans says:

that’s one stunning looking house!

11. Laurie Jones says:

Have you ever noticed some people’s furniture from Ikea look way better then others? Obviously she’s in the better category! Just beautiful!

12. Kenziepoo says:

Love her home! Beautiful!

13. Em D. says:

I love the ivy wallpaper- any ideas where it’s from?

14. Tif says:

ivy style33 is one of my favorite flickr buddies, she is so extremely talented and also most kind with her comments. her home always makes me feel calm and relaxed upon perusal and may i add, she also dresses herself with the exact same stunning style as her home :)

15. Gosia says:

well, if you have windows like these even Ikea will do you no harm;)
    ps. I have this lamp too but a bit smaller one (but my apt is less than 60 squere metres..)

16. These photos are SO inspiring! All my favorite elements!
    Best, Connie

17. Weiz says:

I like this kind of design. All white makes me feel relaxing. =)

18. Erin A. says:

White rooms are so calm and relaxing! The view looks incredible as well.

19. so fresh and so clean!!! would be so calming at the end of a hectic day!

20. peggy says:

i love her home! so gentle, so soft. a restrained, disciplined hand created this. there is so much love her and it is so soothing. i could live there and i wouldn’t change a thing. i love her style.

21. i just love ivy style!! i came across her flickr stream and blog a short while ago from browsing the bloganistas pool. she has an absolute treasure trove of gorgeous pictures, i love seeing what’s new. great post, thanks for sharing more ivy style!

22. So peaceful, I love all the white!
    .honeyhuckabee

23. ivy style33 says:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Hello all!

let me introduce myself, when giving you a big smile for all those nice comments! I’m Iro – Ivy (aka ivy style33) from Greece and I’ve been living with my German partner since alsmost 2 years here in Germany.
    I’m mostly a self taught interior decorator & photographer, but for more details I kindly ask you to hop on the profile section of my flickr account,so that I can spare this place from too many words of mine!
    About the Penthouse, more details can be found here:
    -> http://www.busybeesisblogging.blogspot.com/2010/02/as-simple-as-it-gets
    and about my current neighbourhood here:
    -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivy_style33/4378042169
    -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivy_style33/4378147233

Victoria, thank you so much for the attention and for making this wonderful post!
    As for your excellency instyle, I need not comment, as the pictures of your amazing place speak on their own
    Neither need I comment on your blog, out of decency, as I’m a fairly new blogger,who has just started to learn…
    Let me especially thank Miss Tif from “dottie angel” here, for her such warmhearted comments!

Laurie Jones:
    this is a real compliment, as keeping an incredibly low budget was the basis for the making of this place and Ikea does help in this case ; )
    I do understand what you mean though about Ikea stuff in general.

Em D:
    the wallpaper is a vintage, Albert Van Luit piece from 1965.
    maybe this picture will help:

Last but not least,
    Lesley, thank you so much!

24. nancy says:

Your page is my daily “happy place”. thank you!

25. Sarah says:

WOW! This is absolutely so lovely and fresh. It’s a perfect mix of new and old pieces and the colours are so clean and calming :)

26. Lottie Loves says:

Wow, this space is amazing, I’m a huge fan of white homes, so calming and serene..