garden party.

garden-room-10

via garden rooms.

i’m pretty darn excited about having a garden in the new house, and not just because i plan to grow some edibles — i do, but i plan to dine out there and eat them, too! i love the idea of an old picnic bench or farm table, with some mismatched cafe chairs tucked up around it. dining al fresco just makes everything taste so much fresher and better, doesn’t it? i thought i’d share some ideas of what i envision for my new garden party.

gardenrooms-4

via garden rooms (above & below).

head

i’d like some cafe chairs, made comfy with some vintage bleached white cotton throw pillows. i’d also love some paper lanterns, or those little globe bulbs strung through the trees to add to create a peaceful, yet festive atmosphere. nothing too manicured, perhaps just some lavender and rosemary and other herbs and edibles growing wild.

4g

via lonny magazine.

6g

via sfgirlbybay.

7g

via lonny magazine.

gardenrooms7via garden rooms.

Comments
41 Responses to “garden party.”
  1. This pics are breathtaking!

2. linda says:

Now those are such pretty romantic garden views…I am sooooo ready for Spring and Summer…eee!!!

3. susan says:

bring on summer! oooh i love that old song, garden party! thanks for reminding me of it!

4. Suzanne says:

beautiful images!!

5. Paula says:

I love the 4th picture, it’s very cozy. The seventh picture is great for a romantic dinner, a tete a tete.

6. loving all the green. so ready for spring!

7. What gorgeous little hideaways… Great compilation!

8. these are gorgeous photos. just put me back in the mood of longing for my own home.

9. Jenny says:

awesome photos :D i would love to have a garden in back of my house but i live in an apt. and there’s 4 other people in my building. they’d prolly destroy it. or the men who fix the place up would tear it out. yea. sucks.

10. Tanya Munoz says:

So magical and full of Spring!

11. allyn says:

fantastic spring garden inspirations. adore the pops of color on a green green lawn with those chairs. i completely encourage a garden for your backyard eats . . . small or big space. . . it’s fun + satisfying.

12. breath of fresh air, alfresco dining, laughter,warm glow of candles and fireflies… i LOVE summer. awesome pics. thanks for the inspiration.

13. victoria says:

i’m glad you like these pics as much as i do. i’m so looking forward to having a bit of yard and a garden! i feel very lucky!

14. Kate says:

so inspired!

15. ooh yes, garden dining is delightful! we like to have garden parties too, and it always feels magical. I love the images you found, looks like you’ll have fun at your new place!
    .honeyhuckabee

16. Ashley says:

Garden parties, yay :).

Gorgeous photos!

17. Tonia says:

Food does taste better cooked AND eaten outside. Great images!

18. Lauren says:

sounds like it will be beautiful! I can’t wait to see photos and live vicariously though you. :)

19. oh i can’t wait untill it’s spring. this afternoon it was the first time i could open the garden doors for a while and let the sunshine in. yay!

20. these photos are beautiful, and perfect for this week when we are finally getting a taste of spring weather! i can’t wait to be able to dine al fresco, thank you!

21. Annette says:

For five years now I have had this wonderful romantic garden with old apple trees that brings shaddow on a hot summer day, so I know what you are talking about. Can┬┤t wait until summer is here and I can spend most of my free time in the lovely garden.

22. wow. there is nothing more magical and beautiful than a garden party. i would love to attend them all!

23. that table with the canopy is genius.

24. Delores says:

I’ve got my garden planted and am waiting for warmer weather to have that first al fresco meal. Here in the Bay Area, it’s just around the corner!

25. Bobbi says:

I searched all over the internet this morning for good al fresco pics! If I’d known you were doing it for me I would have waited;)

26. Observatory says:

You’ll have a great party – so much inspiration – I wish I could have a non-stop garden party!

27. Stacie says:

I would love to have a garden! Both of my grandmothers had huge gardens while I was growing up. There is something so rewarding about growing something and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Nice Post!

28. Terri says:

These are lovely! We are planning on landscaping out backyard this summer and I have been obsessively bookmarking images of outdoor spaces. Your choices are fabulous!

29. Jill says:

makes me ready for spring! you always post the loveliest images…

30. Becky says:

great looking outdoor settings! I just put our cushions back out, we planted our sunflower seeds and we’re ready for summer. Love that you’ll have a backyard — love the Noe area for that.

31. love your ideas! nothing nicer than that fresh breezy bay area air! you might want to add a heater for when the fog rolls in- yes even in the summertime. enjoy your beautiful new garden space. do share pictures when it’s completed! xo. cyn of http://www.onesownsweetway.blogspot.com

32. Beautiful. Looking at these pictures makes me soo ready for summer! Even L.A. has been unusually wintry this year…

33. Lolo says:

I miss having a garden :/ I’ve just bought a few different herbs/veg that are suitable for growing inside so i’m hoping to cultivate those!
    I can’t wait for summer!!! I’ve got so many photography projects I want to start.
    x

34. Willi says:

Good luck with your kitchen garden this summer!! How exciting. Flora Grubb has a really awesome collection of edibles and you should check out Annie’s Annuals in Richmond. My personal favorite edible varieties are ‘Black Cherry’ tomato (not your average cherry tomato), ‘Forellenschluss’ lettuce (a gorgeous romaine), ‘Ruby Streaks mustard (dark purple leaves w/chartreuse veins. hello!), ‘Easter Egg II’ (a mix of pink, purple, red & white round radishes). I also grow always chervil, the world’s most under appreciated herb! Have fun digging. It is the best!

35. lindsay says:

Summer garden parties are the best! Our favorite is to throw a pizza stone on the grill, prep the crust, then have the kids browse the garden for toppings. The parents have a cocktail, the kids chase fireflies, and all is well…

36. Marsha says:

This post is divine. Tell me how to follow your blog, please please please. xx’s Marsha

37. victoria says:

thanks again all! i’m so excited to have a little garden space, and to be able to eat outside on warm evenings!

marsha – there’s a subscribe space in the left hand column – thank you!

38. Sheree says:

Oh those images are so calming! Love the ones with the white accents against the greenery!