what’s up buttercup?

simply-hue

i was looking for inspiration for a monday post (i kinda overdosed on jelly bellys, if the truth be told, and i had a total brain freeze and couldn’t think of what i might share with you!), and simply hue had added this image above to the sfgirlbybay flickr pool and shazaam! it came to me – how about some inspiration brought to you in the form of some good old mellow yellow? why yes, by golly, that’s just what i’ll do (i told you, i’m on a weird sugar rush, so please pardon my goofy self).

ethan

some great yellow accents via ethanollie.

dottie

dottie angel’s beautiful mist-matched pillows.

thrifted-chair

madelinetosh’s thrifted chair.

door

yellow raditor via door sixteen.

camilla

camilla engman’s lovely art collection.

4y

madder root’s lovely tea towels, russel wright teapot from the curiosity shoppe,¬†browon bird figurine from vintage now treasures, and Noritake daisy plates from butterfly mosaics.

me

vintage serving trays via le petite flea.

pear

vintage pear from three potato four.

BIRD

dsbrennan’s bird specimen print.

amanda

amanda woodward’s vintage kitchen.

raya

spots of yellow in raya’s beautiful kitchen.

Comments
25 Responses to “what’s up buttercup?”
  1. Katy says:

I love that yellow radiator!

2. Elizabeth says:

Oooh, this is just the cheer that I needed on sort of a glum day. Love Diana’s yellow bird photo, it’s such a well-framed shot!

3. Autumn says:

I keep thinking I will tire of yellow the way I do sometimes of orange or aqua, but it just never loses its ability to make me happy or hold my attention. Way to thaw all of our brain freezes this afternoon!

4. Sandy says:

i love the vintage yellow chair and the mismatched dottie angel pillows!!

5. i have that same serving tray —

6. hena tayeb says:

love all the touches of yellow

7. Nancy Carrington-Chambers says:

How delightful! While I usually believe yellows should be restrained (pale, buttery, creamy shades)and I loved the pairing of gray-blues and yellow, the sight of a chrome yellow on Market always makes me smile. http://tinyurl.com/yksu9uh

8. Russel Wright yellow is one of my favorites! I love how you can mix these yellows with almost anything: pic of plates on red: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35395594

9. Polly says:

LOVELY pillows:D

10. Nancy Carrington-Chambers says:

Correction: I meant to say “chrome yellow trolley.”

However, chrome yellow on a house — I don’t know if I’m horrified or captivated by the daring. http://tinyurl.com/yacz4vr

11. victoria says:

i’m glad you all like the yellow! i guess it’s on my mind, because my new kitchen tile is yellow!

nancy – somehow, that victorian sorta works, but maybe they could have gone a few shades paler! ;)

12. kelly ann says:

dottie angel has my dream house. i love all of her cute things!

13. Tod says:

yellow is my color of the moment right now! i am so ready for spring!! thanks for sharing
    xoxo

14. Nancy Carrington-Chambers says:

Hi, Victoria, the color will fade in a few years or, more likely, the neighbors’ eyes will fry gently, thus making the shade seem more muted.

This is the color of my favorite retro appliance, the Big Chill refrigerator in Buttercup Yellow: http://tinyurl.com/yz29uml.

15. vicki says:

Thanks so much for posting my photo, Victoria. It really brightened my day. :) Plus, I love all the other photos, too….great focus on YELLOW. Woo hoo! Hmmm….think I’m having a sugar rush, too.

16. Ann says:

That vivid yellow tablecoth in Amanda Woodward’s kitchen just whipped me back to Mum’s seventies kitchen and my fifth birthday party which was a sunflower theme – very yellow and brown! An iced chocolate cake with yellow paper petals… sorry my mind wandered! I love your blog – makes me feel the rest of the world is not so very far from New Zealand! Thank you.

17. Ann says:

By the way – have a look at myvillalife@blogspot.com for the yellow bedroom in our London home that we painted over as soon as we could – please tell me I wasn’t wrong!

18. victoria says:

i like it, ann! vibrant and fun! :)

nancy – i couldn’t get that link to work – sorry!

19. BedTrader says:

Just love the post, that clock would look cool on a project l am doing at the moment. xx

20. Diana says:

Mmmm, jelly bellies! Yellow always makes me happy at this time of year. Thank you for including my birdie in this gorgeous lineup! I long to find a vintage map like the one in the ethanollie photo. *swoon*

21. I love your blog. I allways leave your sait with a smile on my face.

22. Moa says:

Thanks for the sweet inspiration! I love that yellow radiator! Such a fun splash of coulour :)

23. // Sarah says:

I’m in love with that yellow radiator!

24. I can just picture that thrift chair in my living room. Great color and design.

25. seesaw says:

so much thrifty goodness.