inspiration on a wire.

with my home office no longer co-existing in my living room, i felt compelled to put up my ‘inspiration wire’ once again. it was odd in my old living room, and kind of out of place, but now, i’ve placed it right next to my desk, and above the new ikea ps sofa bed. i love adding new images to it, and rotating them out when the mood suits me! i originally found this wire at west elm (it’s a steel cable curtain rod), but you can find similar ones at ikea, as well.

Comments
42 Responses to “inspiration on a wire.”
  1. Kerry says:

Love this idea! I’m thinking about doing this over my bed with photos of family and friends. Thanks!

2. Victoria, I love how you’ve made the sofa cosy with lots of pillows. What’s it like to sleep on? I’m looking for a small sofabed for my office but I can’t see anything which doesn’t look really uncomfortable.

3. victoria says:

kerry – i did that with vintage family photos (which is in the link above).

lynne – i don’t know yet, as it’s new, but it’s pretty comfy to lay on. really just a futon mattress, but i think just fine for a guest bed for a night or two. :)

4. Jennifer Sanderson says:

Love the pic of Coop! I still have that photo!

5. Mariah says:

Love your new space!

6. Olivia says:

loving this look!!!

7. mina says:

Oh I love this, I have the exact same thing above my desk. I use t for “to do” lists as well.
    Those throw pillows are lovely.

8. That pup is too cute! Love the wire.

9. Melissa says:

The picture of the sweet little doggie would definitely inspire me daily!

10. victoria says:

that’s my sweet old pup, cooper, who passed away. isn’t he a love?

11. Asiye says:

Love your inspiration wire and your decor!

12. Sandy says:

awwww i love this! i want to create something like this for my crafting area!

13. always love your ideas… and the glimpses into your home. can’t wait to create my own inspiration wire :)

14. kelly ann says:

i lovelove this idea, i’ve been wanting replicate it myself!

15. Richard says:

Love it. Can you tell me where you got the clips?

16. KC says:

Oh! I love this idea! Can’t wait to try it out!

17. victoria says:

Richard – the clips came on this wire, from west elm. The link is just above, in the post. :)

18. summer says:

oooooo, i like this. a lot. your color combos make me happy!

19. Roxanne says:

clever. love the look of that space.

20. Jill Baer says:

I’m in love with the wire. My office is in my living room, and would look odd with the wire (like your old space I suppose). Darn. Thanks for sharing Victoria.

21. Tif says:

i just love the top photo… what a beautiful inspirational spot you have made for yourself. i love it all, but i’m especially loving the pillows on your new sofa bed :)

22. julie says:

That’s great, here are photo’s of a nursery in Lisbon with that hanging system: http://juliehendriks.blogspot.com/2010/04/beerlala-lifestyle-hier-woont-violeta.html

23. It looks very sleek! I’ve just done something similar with super cute Birds Pegs to display Mila’s ‘masterpieces’ :-) and your pics are gorgeous as always

24. Clare says:

I’ve had one of those wires hanging around in it’s packaging for years. You have inspired me (with your inspiration wire) to dig it out and put it to good use!

25. I love this! I cannot wait to have my own creative space again. It’s been the hardest part about traveling these last few months!

26. Tanya says:

I adore this idea and the Ikea sofa. I used to have one of those for my breakfast nook

27. Piper says:

It’s so funny but I keep getting such amazing inspiration from you for my own office. Right now I just have my laptop on the dining room table…so I’m finally making the move to carve out a room for my office. I LOVE this idea of having a wire with inspiration…thanks yet again :)

28. Grace says:

I’ve been thinking about how I convert my University halls bedroom in September so that I can use it as a working space as I am a fashion student – this is amazing! I love it!! x

29. danielle says:

wow, your inspiration line looks so pretty! i’ve got one that’s been in the works for a few weeks, but i’m thinking i need to add to it after seeing yours!

30. Antonella says:

lovely as everything you do.
    sweet sweet coop….

31. Martha says:

Did you purchase the clippies at west elm too? I like that it is sleek. Thinking about hanging odd sized concert posters like that! Thanks for the inspiration!

32. victoria says:

antonella – yes, i miss him every day!

martha – the clips come with the west elm wire! :)

33. Stephi says:

I love that pillow on the far right with the leaves! You have such great style!

34. victoria says:

stephi – that’s from catnap cottage on etsy – she finds the best fabrics!

35. Amber says:

I love all of your colors and photos. Twine and silver clips work, too. I made an entire wall collage of magazine tear-outs that inspire me and my style. I love it! Thanks for all of your awesome posts. You’re one talented woman :)

36. Stellasky21 says:

I like your style so much. Where did you buy that little cute white rabbit? Lovely!!!

37. victoria says:

thank you amber!

and thanks stella! that bunny lamp is from liberty of london and think you can buy it online. http://www.liberty.co.uk/

38. pita bread says:

When I was younger I had my room full of pictures hung like that, I think it is really cute!

39. ania says:

Lovely! & so practical… a great home decor combo :-)

40. Lisa says:

So happy to see my card (the middle aged sex object lady) in such a lovely setting!

41. Amy says:

Just wondering if anybody knew of a way to get an inspiration wire that taut AND also flush against the wall? We’re trying to add some posters to a wall but it needs to limit the holes in the wall itself and also have it not move very much (with a wire that isn’t flush against the wall, all the posters will flap around too much). Any thoughts?