pin it forward: what home means to me.

the day has arrived! it’s time for pin it forward to launch, and i’m very excited to share my pinterest pinboard, and ‘what home means to me’.

home is where you put your heart. pin via Kevin Bauman’s 100 abandoned homes project.

i’m finding pinterest a great tool for blogging, for creating a visual reminder of the beauty and creativity i find all over the web. the things that enhance and bring charm and personal style into our homes, and inspire us to create. so many thanks go out to the great team at pinterest for collaborating with us on this event!

you can follow all the pin it forward pinboards right here! and be sure and check the schedule to see who else is pinning it forward today! and now, here’s a peek into ‘what home means to me’.

home for me needs always to be beachside, near the calming comfort i find in water. pins via hotze eisma photography; elisabeth dunker; and sfgirlbybay.

i always feel most comfortable in an eclectic mix of vintage and mid century modern, old and new, and lately a lot of black & white. pins via emma’s design blog; digsdigs; remolelista; and door sixteen.

always comforting is a homemade hearth, filled with good music and art that means something personal. pins via hotze eisma photography; skona hem; and yo lo tengo.

a good home is full of an eclectic mix of great reads and long lazy days, both inside and outside. pins via Sk├Âna hem; sfgirlbybay; indigo rain; and {manda}.

for me, friendly mutts, family and friends, and always some good home cooking give a home its soul. pins via sharon montrose photography, sfgirlbybay and orangette.

thanks all for allowing me to share my pin it forward pinboard! i hope you’ll follow along and meet some new and inspiring bloggers.

and next up on the pin it forward schedule, please welcome and be sure to check out bits of banter from jess tomorrow!

Comments
17 Responses to “pin it forward: what home means to me.”
  1. So, so beautiful Victoria! I love your picks of what make your beautiful home. Water, friendly mutts, lazy reads, friends & family. It all sounds so warm, comfy and perfect. Thank you so much for sharing what makes a home for you. You are so amazing at creating beautiful homes & I have loved getting a glimpse into your newest one. And thank you again for organizing this awesome blog party! :)
    xo
    Melis

2. jodi says:

oh, victoria! what a lovely, lovely post! thank you for such a beautiful start to pin it forward.

3. elissa c says:

I am totally addicted to Pinterest since I signed up this weekend. I think I had withdrawals when I was at work today.

4. Tanya says:

Yes! The much anticipated Pin It Forward. Love your post, as always. Can’t wait to see more. xoxoxo, T

5. your board is so lovely, Victoria! I can’t find the right words to thank you for this great idea! it’s so very inspiring! can’t wait to share my board with everybody in June! xoxo

6. Amazing. The copy is as dreamy as the pictures, the loveliest being that Bridge. I want to hop on a plane and get to San Fran stat! This pin-it-forward is brilliant. It makes me re-think what home is to me. I can’t wait to debut mine in June too.

7. victoria says:

thank you all so much!

and thank you melissa & jodi for helping to kick off ‘pin it forward’ – i love your pinboards, too!

i hope everyone has fun following along, and finds loads of inspiration!

8. Bekah says:

Absolutely lovely. I adore that abandoned homes project. It makes me feel hopeful instead of depressed. So much potential in some of those homes!

9. I love your post Victoria! It’s funny, our where our home needs to be (yours the beachside) is exactly opposite! Mine NEEDS to be near the Mountains!

10. Hijiri says:

yay, vic! it’s always so cozy and comfortable and stylish here, yes, sfgirlbybay style! So enjoyed putting the board together myself, thank you so much for organizing once again! YOU ROCK!!!!! xoxoxo

11. victoria says:

bekah – i love those old houses, too. so much soul.

thank you erin!

heej – thanks again for all your help setting this up!! no, you ROCK! :) xoxo

12. honeydonthink says:

Love your curated selections Victoria and your underlying sentiments about what makes a home most of all. The 100 abandoned homes project reminds me of local photographer Todd Hido’s book House Hunting that was published a few years ago.

13. Tracy says:

lovely!! i’m excited to be apart of this!

14. Kathryn says:

LOVE the abandoned homes..

15. Sandy says:

i love the idea of mixing vintage and modern!! thanks for setting up the pin it forward! excited to see everyone’s posts! =)

16. Tina says:

that abandon house is amazing Victoria!!! I love your post. and thanks for setting up another great mash up. i love Pinterest, such a fun and handy tool!