tuesday’s girl: little surfer.

via mikael olsson.

it was super warm and sunny here this weekend and everyone was running around the city barely clothed. we san Franciscans tend to do that – the second the fog lifts and there’s even a spot of sunshine, out come the flip flops, the skimpy dresses and sunscreen. i thought for this tuesday’s girl we’d look at the carefree chic of surfer style. i think it’s more of mindset and mental attitude than anything, and perhaps we all have an inner gidget lurking in there somewhere.

sfgirlbybay; henrik halvarsson; and also henrik halvarsson.

marcus ohlsson.

amy butler and sfgirlbybay.

choka; girlhula; choka; and imdb.

wild goose chase.

imdb.

roxy girl.

liz lantz photography for choka.

Lou O’ Bedlam.

tdrae; imdb; John_Wilkinson; and sfgirlbybay.

somethings hiding in.

roxy girl.

*n*o*o*r*.

Comments
23 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: little surfer.”
  1. Tanya says:

Oh man, I am dying to go to the beach.

2. Danielle says:

I could just hear the beach boys playing in the background while looking through your post.

3. Becca says:

Oh my – Sally Field is such a familiar face due to her prolific career, that sometimes I forget that she’s such a beauty!

Visiting SF for the first time in August – can’t wait.

4. Junia says:

Ah, yes! When that fog lifts it’s all about the shorts, bbq’s, and bike rides through GG Park for me. Crossing fingers that it’s going to be a nice & toasty Summer in SF! Loving your photos and that vintage inspired Chanel swimsuit!

5. Jean says:

You’ve officially put me in a beachy summer mood! I’m also a nail polish addict and hope you can tell me what polish is on the toes in that flower flip flop pic up top. =)

6. Kristin says:

This post is chock full of the joys of summer. LOVE!

7. Oh to live by sea, how happy I would be! This is the time of year I won’t leave my house. Phoenix in the summer is like North Dakota in the winter – just don’t go outside.

8. CaL says:

This is awesome! Not that the weather & swimming every day aren’t enough, but this post has me in the most summery beachy mood ever! I love it! ♥

9. stef says:

putting me in the SUMMER mood! thank you ~

10. victoria says:

i’m so glad y’all liked this post – i’m a beach girl at heart, so this was really fun to put together!

11. nicolle says:

love this! being from huntington beach,ca i miss the warm sunny beaches. those sandals are awesome and i love that you threw gidget in there. i remember watching that show when i was a kid.

12. karen says:

It was our first hot day on Saturday down here on the peninsula and wish I could have gone to the beach to cool off. Looking at your lovely post makes me feel like I was there.

13. Gabriela says:

Sally Fields?

~ Gabriela ~

14. victoria says:

gabriela – yep! sandra dee was the original gidget in the 1959 film, but sally fields played gidget in the 1965 tv show.

15. Aura says:

I love these pictures. I just got back from a beach/surfing trip with my husband last month, and this makes me already want to go back. Of course I didn’t look like any of these girls after getting throw around violently by the Atlantic ocean :)

16. Katy says:

I like this, sums up vintage surf style a beaut. anything to get away from the lashings of mainstream surf branding/culture is always refreshing

17. Nashvilledeb says:

Love that picture of Sally Field in her “Gidget” days. When I was in junior high school, I loved her so much. I aspired to look like her!

18. eva says:

After spending many years in the surf industry I love seeing a non-surfers perspective! This is such a lovely and refreshing set.

19. victoria says:

eva – thanks so much.

i’m not entirely a non-surfer. i grew up at malibu, and learned to surf a few years back in maui, and if the water wasn’t so cold here, and i wasn’t such a wimp, i’d still be surfing. the ocean is one of the biggest joys of my life.

20. i love this post. i live in boulder, co and it is the same thing here. soon as the snow starts melting,it is skimpiness all over the place. however, i love the sun and lighter layers so i am all over this post.
    xo

21. Terri says:

So much fun! Living in the middle of the country, I don’t get to the beach very often. This post makes me want to plan a trip soon… or at least find a copy of Gidget to watch!

22. audrey marie says:

what a beautiful round up