guest post: The Marion House Book.

Hello! Hello! I’m Emma from The Marion House Book and I’m excited to be guest posting here today. I blog way up North in Toronto, Canada and thought it might be interesting to show you a little bit of the neighbourhood I live in.

I have a feature on my blog called Hello! Neighbour where I visit different homes in our small, creative community called Parkdale. In recent years, Parkdale has seen a number of artists, designers, photographers, and musicians move into the neighbourhood. The result is a tight knit community with a great sense of style!

Below are some outtakes from my Hello! Neighbour series. Enjoy the tour!

Paul and Rachel’s home is a beautiful, turn of the century Victorian that was once owned by an etiquette teacher. Don’t you love the pink ceiling and mouldings!

Derek and Kristin live in a beautiful light filled home with their three boys. Wouldn’t you like to sit down in that orange chair and read a book?

Lorne and Yasmin also live in a Victorian house. Recently, they blew out the entire back wall of their house and put in a new kitchen.  I love their mix of vintage, bohemian and industrial elements.

Finally, a few pictures from my own house. I live here with my son Henry and my husband Myles. Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Comments
10 Responses to “guest post: The Marion House Book.”
  1. bicocacolors says:

great idea!
    i looooove!

2. Will says:

Very chic black bedroom on the bottom line! Nice guest post, off to check out your blog now!

3. Thanks for posting these! I love seeing inspiration from my city! The pink ceiling is my fav!

4. Hi Emma & Victoria!

Love your guest post, filled with the most inspiring imagery. Your home as well as your neighbors’ are truly some of the nicest I’ve seen, beautiful. Parkdale is one styling community, would love to visit one day!

Yay Emma!

5. ChantaleP says:

Loved this. This is a great idea to get to meet your neighbors! Especially love the way you made the grey wall work in your kitchen! I also love how real these spaces are. Thx for sharing ladies!

6. honeydonthink says:

Hi Emma, I am so glad Victoria asked you to guest blog – the last address I had when I left Toronto for NYC and then California (many years ago) was on Dowling Avenue! It’s so nice to see the wonderful community that’s springing up out of the ashes. Must add you to my blogroll w/Victoria’s wonderful site.
    P.S. That pink ceiling is fabulous!

7. Piper says:

Lovely post! And I love the idea of this series…off to check out your blog :)

8. Tina says:

pretty pink ceiling and hello canada!! it is nice to see emma here!

9. Emma says:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words and a big thank you to Victoria for inviting me!

Honeydonthink – I love Dowling Avenue and hope to post a tour of a house on that street very soon. I’m glad to bring you a little bit of Parkdale in California.

xx,
    Emma

10. DesignTies says:

Thanks for the tour of your neighbour’s homes, and your home too :-) They’re all lovely — I especially like the shot of the light fixture in Lorne & Yasmin’s house and the way it casts those amazing shadows all over the walls.

And yes, that pink ceiling IS fabulous!! :-)

Kelly