sunday in the city.

this weekend i went for a long, leisurely walk, exploring my new neighborhood and up over the hills to the mission. it’s such a colorful and picturesque stroll, i of course could not help but snap lots of pics. here’s a glimpse at the walk from noe valley to valencia street in san francisco’s wonderful mission district. i hope you had a colorful, inspiring weekend, too!

Comments
32 Responses to “sunday in the city.”
  1. Thank you for wandering and using that camera..oh how i miss THE CITY!

2. Hilary says:

These shots are increadible! What do you shoot with? I currently use a Canon Rebel XTi but I’m looking to upgrade (plus some new lenses wouldn’t hurt!) Also I love your blog! San Francisco is my favorite place in the world haha, and I think you really stay true to it.

Cheers!
    Hilary

3. Cassia says:

What an interesting and colourful place! And beautifully captured as usual.

4. AlyssaG says:

these photos are amazing! what a lovely neighborhood!

5. Megan says:

Wow! You really captured the colors and vistas of that walk. I live on the Noe/Mission border and are amazed by the sights and sounds on a daily basis. Your camera really did it’s job! I can’t believe these gorgeous photos! It makes me want to go outside and see it all again :)

6. Anitra says:

i love san fran so much! that’s where my hubby and i fell in love! it will ALWAY be so dear to my heart. we’ve even toyed with the idea of moving there but it might only always be a dream. great photos!!!

7. Will says:

What a lovely, colourful walk you have documented through these fab images. I feel all inspired. Thank you!

8. Amy Hodge says:

The photos are fabulous. I love the vintage tables and chairs and that one of the mailboxes. San Francisco is so great when the sky is that blue! I had friends out a couple weekends ago and we stayed in Cole Valley and the weather was (unexpectedly) gorgeous the entire weekend!

9. Nashvilledeb says:

I loved every one of your pictures! Gorgeous colors. And there’s just something wonderful about retro chairs, worn or not.

10. mosey says:

Ahhh, love these colours, especially on this particularly foggy, chilly day…

11. Linda says:

Terrific pictures! What a wonderful colorful neighborhood to live in.
    From the looks of these photo’s there will be many discoveries +
    nuances to capture with every walk.

12. Karyn says:

I love Sunday in the City posts. Today even more than usual because I am looking forward to spending the day there tomorrow. I think the weather is going to be perfect for a day at Golden Gate park.

13. ann says:

the last picture cracks me UP!

14. Aura says:

Great photos, everything is so colorful! I love to see the regional differences in the places that we all live. We don’t have many colorful shops, homes, or signs. I guess because I live in the middle of Oklahoma :) But we have lots of beautiful lakes, flowers, creatures and sunsets to photograph.

15. Simone says:

Your photos always make me smile! I love all of the colours. It’s great to see other places with a fresh perspective.

16. victoria says:

thanks so much y’all! you are very kind! i’m glad this gives you a nostalgic peek at our wonderful san francisco!

i’m currently using a Nikon D80, and these were shot with a 50mm lens.

thanks again!! :)

17. pam says:

ohhh…that picture of the movie marquee or shop marquee (the mission) and the palm tree. Love it. To me a perfect picture!

18. Casey says:

what a gorgeous place to live! great photos!

19. gorgeous pictures, Victoria! Was feeling like I just traveled to San Francisco, what a lovely tour. xox

20. cb says:

wow these are great pictures! the colors are amazing and they make a beautiful collection. you have a great eye!

xo,
    cb

21. Tess says:

That’s the most glorious chandelier I’ve ever seen.

22. katilady says:

gorgeous photos, love the neighborhood!

23. Brooke Gray says:

LOVE IT! What a great perspective of one fantastic neighborhood. Beautiful colors, contrasts and composition.

24. lush bella says:

oh how i miss the walks i used to take down some of the same streets. thanks for taking me back to those wonderful times.

25. Lili says:

wow! I’ve missed how colorful SF is. I definitely want to go back soon and capture it again. I especially love the old lettering on the signs. have a lovely week victoria :)

26. Delisa Sage says:

Victoria-what about a book. You take such great photos,a book seems like a natural. In your spare time of course! I just want to see more!

27. ash says:

these are so wonderful v, what a beautiful walk!

28. Michaela says:

Wonderful, wonderful pictures!

29. heidileon says:

wow. these are some of the best pictures I’ve seen lately. Each one of them is perfect at their own, and as an ensemble they are just breath taking.

chapeau!

30. Michelle says:

these photos are incredible…so many colors! it makes me want to be there. too bad i’m all the way on the east coast…

31. victoria says:

thanks so much you guys! i’m glad you like them! :)

32. Catalina says:

I love this city. And your photos are so beautiful! Thanks