tuesday’s girl: sneakers!

violet hour.

i can get pretty girlie. but i have a pretty strong jeans and sneakers side too. in fact, i have at least a dozen or so pairs of sneakers, in varying degrees of worn and vintage, to my best effort at ‘sporty spice’. i like ‘em paired with a sassy vintage dress, too. today, tuesday’s girl is embracing her inner tomboy. here’s some of my favorite sneaker looks!

the sartorialist.

giddyupinmontana; leah miraballin’; and chelsikristine.

lauren lemon.

jennycalifornia; plimsouls from cabbages & roses; prepified from kate; and bensimon lowtops.

the sartorialist.

sfgirlbybay.

emily rs.

the sartorialist.

cindy; gravity pope; and karma loop.

Comments
13 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: sneakers!”
  1. I love a good pair of sneaks and jorts! Love this Tuesday’s Girl!

2. jenny says:

great collection. i pretty much live in my converse sneakers:

3. kate says:

i love my sneakers! i’m thinking a new pair is in order soon!

and a little sparkly chucks love: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7877037/20876526

4. LadyGrey says:

Wonderful sneaker pictures… such a feeling of summertime fun, I love it!

5. Couldn’t agree with you more – love all these looks. Adore your red pair!

6. Yes, yes! I’ve been feeling the retro sneakers lately, too! I recently indulged in new gray chucks, and have only barely resisted ordering suede adidas… I’ve even started a running post about my chucks. :)

7. Rose Campion says:

I love sneakers with shorts or jeans, but just cannot do the sneakers with dresses things. Just can’t. When I look at the second picture, of the girl with the gorgeous white dress, I just can’t help but think how much better the outfit would look if she was wearing a pair of sandals- something in worn brown leather, kind of boho looking. Or espadrille wedges in yellow.

8. cb says:

who doesn’t love sneakers! i love wearing sneakers with dresses…a great look! pommes frites has a great post on dying sneakers…http://pommes-frites.blogspot.com/2010/07/diy-dyed-canvas-sneakers.html

i plan on doing this when i have a free second!

xo,
    cb

9. Jude says:

Love this collection too – sneakers always remind me of breezy, younger days :)

10. Cynnie says:

cooool,,,,love it!!!

11. Anne says:

makes me smile

12. Rachel says:

I love Chucks- they’re by far the best sneakers ever made! But I can’t wear them because they make my feet look ridiculously humongous, so I buy them for my daughter instead!