less is much, much more.

oooh. ahhh. that’s pretty much the sounds i uttered when i came across New York-based architect Elizabeth Roberts’ minimalist live-work loft space on brides.com’s home décor files (i do believe they are re-purposing old domino articles under their publisher, condé nast’s umbrella, which is great!).

ms. robert’s loft, which is located in an old soap and wax factory in the West Village, is a study in less is more, and simply quite stunning. how much do you love the contrast of those dark wood floors versus the white beamed ceilings? dramatically beautiful, is it not? i love how she divided her work space from her bedroom alcove, creating privacy using an ikea loft curtain on a hospital track, mounted to the wood ceiling. genius, and such efficient space planning. for a bit more on the space and the general floor plan, visit elizabeth roberts’ website.

*Photographs by  Melanie Acevedo.

Comments
18 Responses to “less is much, much more.”
  1. Emma says:

Oh – this was one of my faves from Domino. I love that bedspread. I think it is from ABC Home and Carpets. And the artwork above the bed by Felix Gonzalez-Torres. Yes, I researched this room to death – that’s how much I love it!

2. victoria says:

ah, thanks for doing all the research, emma! :)

3. Lisa says:

Love love that kitchen shot; the shelves nestled into the wall, the curtain separating the living area, the outfit, everything. Relaxes me just looking at it.

4. Maggie says:

I LOVE this work loft space because I think it represents the delicate balance that must be struck when integrating these 2 spaces. Also, this was a favorite space that I saw in Domino a while back, so it was such a nice surprise to see it again on your site. Love.

5. Thank you for sharing these! I especially love the image of the room divider. I’ve been on the fence about doing this in our alcove studio but this photo makes it look really lovely. What a great apartment!

6. libby says:

love it. after spending the day cleaning out a majorly messy closet and unloading tons of stuff — this gives me motivation to keep on keeping on…

7. Bekka says:

Oh my gosh! That BATHROOM!!! Swoon!

8. mlleparadis says:

yikes! love! fingers in mouth, teeth gnashing with desire.

9. Sam says:

Oh, I remember this home. I have it in my files somewhere. I even took that photo of her in when I had my hair cut once… I love the frames above the bed.

10. Hej Melissa says:

Oh gosh, I *love* the ceiling in the first picture! I missed it on my first visit :).
    Mel
    x

11. Maralie says:

I MISS DOMINO!!!Still have a bunch for inspiration! :)

12. Jude says:

Such a beautiful apartment! I love minimalism and this is minimalism done right :)

13. Allison says:

Those Boots!

I HAVE this issue and I remember scouring the internet to find out who makes those boots. I was never successful in figuring it out, just found a few other posts of people who also loved those boots. Anyone? Anyone know who makes those fabulous shoes?

14. pretty much amazing. i love the dark floors.

15. I loved this loft! Had a copy of the Domino magazine that featured it. Haven’t gotten tired of the simplicity, generous proportions and comfiness of the place…

16. so very very lovely! the bed spread is to die for