darkly dramatic.

u.k.-based photographer Graham Atkins-Hughes dropped me a note about his latest endeavor and i just had to share these fab interiors with y’all. this is one darkly dramatic space and i fell in love with all the splashes of modern color in this east london townhouse, which has been designed and styled for photographic location shoot rentals.

location78 is owned and managed by photographer-stylist team Graham Atkins-Hughes and stylist Jo Atkins-Hughes. i can see an amazing elle or vogue shoot taking place here, no? or how about a smashing halloween soiree? or, i could just move in! for more gorgeousness from the talented duo, visit their website, seven and eight.

Comments
23 Responses to “darkly dramatic.”
  1. love the pops of jewel tones, very loungey! i just did a post on a room with charcoal walls. love the look.

2. Shirley says:

That muggy blue is unexpected yet perfect. But I’d be a little frightened to sleep in that bedroom!

3. Patti Friday says:

I do love this look and feel. I would hibernate in them. No. Possibly ‘burrow’ in them.

4. Zandri says:

Wow, how theatrical! That blue wall & cream chairs are fantastic.

5. Anna @ D16 says:

Oh, I knoooooooooow. I just posted some of these the other day, and I can’t stop thinking about them. I really feel like repainting my entire house now (an expensive and time-consuming proposition!).

6. Ash says:

All these images are stunning!! I wanna dark room like this!!! Love the deep greys!! LOVE!!

7. I love these images.
    We have a dark grey on the walls and have contemplated paiting but this is giving me second thoughts.

8. victoria says:

i think just a few rooms is the way to go. after painting my dining room and the nook black, i love them. but i also love the peaceful feeling of the white rooms, too. but, i totally want to redecorate…AGAIN! :)

9. cottagefarm says:

oh so gorgeous! just came from the sf antique show where a few of the booths had painted thier walls dark grey or black. i love the mood it sets. and these images are fantastic. the first of the mantel!!

10. wow! the ceramics on the mantle are stunning!

11. jill says:

amazing…loved all of these images. Really fantastic use of color and design.

12. bambinosteps says:

Simply stunning. While so dark, the natural elements of the clay and warmth of the wood used throughout the space makes it feel so inviting. Beautiful!

13. Tania says:

Inspiring images and design. I love that blue/gray shade!

14. Charis says:

Loving the charcoal hues x

15. susan says:

Love to see other homes that are dark, mine is and the comfort I get from it is endless.

16. Liesl says:

What character!

Liesl :)

17. Annie Lau says:

Oh yes I’ve seen these on another blog a couple weeks ago. Gorgeous dark and moody rooms. LOVE them.

18. These grays and the blues combined with the dark furniture is my dream come true for my dream loft. Absolutely incredible.

19. drey says:

wow dark! and yet completely classy, airy and comforting :) i loved every little detail!

20. Emily says:

That first image looks straight out of a great Giorgio Morandi still life. One of my favorite painters if you know his work. If you don’t I think you would like him. He did hundreds of paintings of bottles,just bottles, (his entire life) in gorgeous grey hues like these rooms. Totally genius!

21. i fell in love with a charcoal/blue color at the ace hotel in palm springs… i wish i knew what the paint color was called! anyone have good suggestions?

22. victoria says:

julia – i’ll bet if you called and asked them, they might try and supply you with that info.

23. sam pisano says:

gorgeous – i’m just dying to know the name of the picture in the 3rd from bottom photo! i’ve seen it a few times and it reminds me of growing up in the far east (am not sure if she is malay or asian) – but i can’t find out. nice to see it again tho. love your blog – i’ve only just found it and am going thru old posts. samx