tuesday’s girl: urban weeds.

the internet world is full of ‘six degrees of separation’. i find out all the time, that i know someone, who knows someone else that i know. or want to know, or i admire. i’ve been following the matt on flickr for-like-ever, and i recently found out he has a blog, and a shop — but more about that in a little bit (that’s matt on the left, below).

i also found out matt’s girlfriend, photographer Lisa Warninger, started a blog called urban weeds, founded with another blogger and stylist i know, chelsea fuss of frolic. see, very small internet world!

Urban Weeds is a street style blog wherein lisa shoots some very interesting local portland residents in their most fashionable attire — a bit like the sartorialist, but perhaps a bit more real, if you know what i mean. it’s really fun and informative, because urban weeds also shares how/and from where these fashionistas put together their ensembles. anyway, i love lisa’s images and thought you might too! here’s a look at urban weeds.

Comments
11 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: urban weeds.”
  1. Oh wow! Never knew this six degrees of (blogging) separation, but so neat! Love Wood&Faulk, Urban Weeds, & frolic’s posts/work. Thanks for sharing!

2. Bekka says:

I love street style blogs! So glad you shared this one, it’s a gem!! I was considering starting a San Diego one, but then I realized I don’t see epic numbers of great outfits, so I scratched that idea.

3. tressie says:

oh my! a great share! I’ve had urban weeds on my blog list for a while…because (trust me) Portland is the *city* in the Northwest…..

4. Shara says:

Oh now I miss Portland! I studied there but haven’t been back for a few years. Need to visit…if only to get my Powell’s on. Thanks for sharing these images! Adding urban weeds to my daily reads :)

5. Amanda says:

I have been a big fan of Lisa’s work for a long time. She shoots beautiful fashion and portrait work too.

6. Maia says:

Oooh I love finding out about new blogs and bloggers, thanks so much for the post.

7. Urban Weeds says:

Victoria, thank you so much for the post. I love the selection of photographs you chose. This completely made my day!

xo
    Lisa

8. victoria says:

thanks Lisa! i loved pairing them up! and i think you can see – everyone is excited to follow you, if they aren’t already!

9. michel stong says:

love,love,love this blog. Real people looking really good. I want to blow her a kiss!

10. Chaucee says:

Lisa’s blog is one of my favorites.

11. vanessa says:

one of my favorite blogs, pdx is my hometown, and it is fun to see if i can pick out the corner she is standing on.

i too once spotted a friend of a friend on the blog. i got all excited, “i know that guy!” haha.