i spy: winter white.

ansel olson.

i think there’s many who love the traditional red & green christmas decor. i, for one, am not one of those people. i mean, those colors may be considered complimentary colors on the color wheel, but personally, i don’t find them complimentary at all. i am all about a white christmas, with some shimmer of gold and silver and lots of candles and twinkling lights thrown in for good measure. i spy winter white!

trampoline.

nulka.

park st.

kelly jo.

lisa wiseman.

linda scannel.

series architects, via design boom.

jacqueline-morabito, via bodie & fou.

diem design.

west elm via digsdigs.

coctail + deluxe.

*ade.

sparks modular lighting, via design milk.

atelierpompadour.

Comments
25 Responses to “i spy: winter white.”
  1. Emily says:

Love this collection of pictures! They are so soothing!

2. Gorgeous images. I love winter white!

3. silvia says:

ohhh, this collection is wonderful! :)

4. desiree says:

yes! I spy white to… just made a post about a shop called… very white ;)

5. Kate says:

Amen to that! I’m not a huge fan of red + green, either. Give me whites + metallics any day!

6. I agree 1000 percent! Nothing prettier than white with hints of gold and silver.

7. Donna Gotlib says:

Such cozy images. Beautiful.

8. Thanks for featuring my picture. I definitely prefer silver and white for my Christmas decs. Love your blog too.

9. Cez says:

i had the same envy today…white, white and white again!!!!! Great beautiful pics

10. beautiful inspiration…ever since i moved to texas and there’s hardly any snow, i’ve been really into white inspiration as well…great picks.

11. erin m. says:

These are beautiful! There is something about mostly-white photographs that are captivating. I love the one with the dress by the window, and the one with the 2 people in the field.

12. I’m with you. Holiday-green is painful to look at. White+metallic is so fresh and invigorating! : )

13. Tanya says:

I need a cute white tree :)

14. Kate Donato says:

I agree with you completely. Red and green are too typical and overdone, they almost feel outdated to me if that is possible. White is much more relaxing but still very festive. I also Love that you can extend your white decor throughout the year. If you walked into someones home that had Red and Green throw pillows you would immediately think of the Holidays, where white and metallics are much more classic and flexible.

15. Sara Krohn says:

glorious! thanks!

16. Amy says:

Soo pretty. (My daughter would freak out if she saw that Miffy lamp!)

17. Mike says:

Absolutely, when I think of Christmas I think white/silver with crystal accents. I’m also colour blind and have a red/green deficiency, so typical Christmas colours are all grey to me. haha

18. Gillian says:

Beautiful as always, Victoria. So calming, inspiring, textural….

Gillian

19. i am so with you on this… my store is all white with white lights… silver and gold accents… i am so loving it… and your post! xx

20. this is so inspiring. You’ve got such a great eye…
    Now I’m dreaming for a white christmas!

21. Patti Spencer says:

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…Loved it!

22. Evita says:

I spy in love with those miniature silver trees!

23. Leah says:

Awesome! I totally agree-primary red and green are totally gross together; I didn’t like that color combination even when I was a kid. I usually end up buyin Chanukah wrapping paper because the combination of blue, white, and silver is so much prettier.

24. Twiggs says:

well, i am going to be honest… i am one of those that likes a red+green x-mas! only on the christmas tree though. but on the other hand, i fancy a white x-mas too, or was i not a huge fan of scandinavian design… due to all its white!!! :) brilliant choices victoria! loved that first print! i wish for one of those vintage things to hold my fine art prints! :) take care! twiggs

25. ElisabethC says:

ohhh i just love this post!! Love all the white!