wood is so good.

nellies cakes, via cupcake of the day.

i’m seeing a lot of rustic wood these days. from wood grain patterns, to beamed ceilings — even cupcakes — those rustic, rough around the edges, but still very sleek, and sort of Scandinavian, wood accents are everywhere. and i’m in love with the look. i’ve always adored the look of a worn and warm wood furnishings mixed up with loads of fresh white, so i for one, am quite happy for this trend. here’s a look at wood.

the anthropologist.

Belén Imaz, via french by design.

skona hem (above and below).

spanish architectural digest, via yellowtrace.

Kjerstis Lykke, via doorsixteen.

lonny magazine (above & below).

wood serving pieces, via lonny magazine.

via digsdigs (above and below).

lonny magazine (above and below).

Comments
20 Responses to “wood is so good.”
  1. Oh my goodness, the first picture caught me off guard!!

2. sandra lund says:

Love the table in the third picture. I really love wood as well :-)

3. Anna @ D16 says:

Wood IS so good. I’ve been fighting temptation lately to apply wood to every wall in my house. It’s just so warming and so forgiving, and when it’s a bit rough, it makes everything around it look a little more perfect in contrast. I’m especially crazy about the house in the first photo from Skona Hem!!

p.s. This is the source for the photo from Kjerstis Lykke: http://kjerstislykke.blogspot.com/

4. Eleni says:

I keep collecting images of rough wood in my inspiration folder, think I’m in love ^_^
    Thanks for even more inspiration!
    xo, Eleni of My Paradissi

5. victoria says:

i love this look – and want to incorporate more of it!

anna – thank you! i meant to link to it last night, but it was late and i spaced! i’ve updated the link! :)

is the cupcake from skona hem, too? tumbler has been down, and i had it linking to nellie’s, but i couldn’t check it!

6. Jesse Lu says:

Ooh, all this wood makes me want to finally test out the little pot belly, cast iron stove my honey and I found on the curb a few months ago. But we need really, really small wood and I don’t know where to get that… :)

7. And I just saw my next weekend project on the seventh picture — those wine crates on wheels look great.

8. thats the most creative cupcake i have seen in awhile, so clever

9. Cez says:

hummm love this amazing cupcake…and love even more Wood everywhere in the house!!! Great post

10. Shelly says:

LOVE. this post. Wood IS good! Thanks!

11. Tanya says:

I love rustic wood. So comfy and beautiful.

12. Oh, how I love this post! Skona Hem! The pic from Spanish Arch Digest!!! I’ve loved that wallpaper in the last pic for a while. Very inspiring, I really need to make more time to look and follow these all too many wonderful blogs!

13. all this wood!! i love it!!

14. mrs. french says:

this might be it. this may be my very favorite sfgirlbybay post yet…actually, i am pretty sure i always say that…hehe! you are just too goo my dear. xo t

15. victoria says:

thanks guys – i’m glad you like this look as much as i do.

and mrs. french – it is you who inspire me – all the time! :)

16. chelsea says:

how do you get inside my head, i’ve been addicted to wood grain lately and I don’t know why!

17. Lauren says:

Such a great collection of interesting images featuring timber! Love the wood slab table and the fireplace. Stunning!

18. Brooke says:

Oh yes, wood is SOOOO good. Lovely post. I adore a ton of these images. Thanks for the inspiration! xo

19. Allison says:

all of these are great inspiration! thanks for sharing!

20. gebrichi says:

I love the wood crate shelving!