you’re a superstar, you know you are.

so, i am super behind on decorating for the holidays. clearly, i’m too busy blogging about the holidays to get my act together! but, i did make some progress today, all because it took me all of like ten minutes to put my modernica superstar holiday tree together, and light a few votive candles around it to create a nice glow.

i love the shadows it creates on the walls! and the other groovy thing about the superstar holiday tree is besides being a modern alternative to other faux trees, it’s also easy to store (it all comes apart like tinker toys!). available at modernica and it comes in two sizes!

Comments
26 Responses to “you’re a superstar, you know you are.”
  1. Pati N says:

Looks awesome! I can’t help but wonder, cause I know you are friends of Anna from Door sixteen,on twitter last week she was commenting that modernica copied that design of that tree from Burotree? Just wondering if you had seen it?

2. decor8 Holly says:

That is so sweet Victoria. I liked seeing a glimpse of your living room too and those pretty white tulips. Your decorating style is so personal and accessible, you make it all look so easy. You’ve got such effortless style!

3. victoria says:

hi pati – oooh, no, i missed anna’s post. i know there are a lot of these ‘pop-up’ trees out there right now. i will look at anna’s post!

thanks, holly! it’s for the most part, all secondhand, or vintage. and then i add a few new things here and there.

4. victoria says:

jaime at design milk also had a round up of some modern alternative trees:

5. jamie parker says:

Love the tree…what a great mood it casts on the walls and room. Your style is both sophisticated and whimsical…I love it! Thank you for sharing some smart, lovely ideas:)

6. Iris says:

Hey, that is just perfect; instant holiday joy!

7. maria ramona says:

Victoria I ADORE your black walls– it looks so fresh with the wood pices and cream vases. One of my favorite palletes is black cream and brown. You’re spot on as usual!

8. ashley g says:

I love it! AND for those of us with a blended holiday household…it’s a nice touch that the stars are stars of david : )

9. victoria says:

thanks, girls!

and, ashley g – yeah, i thought they looked a bit non-denominational , too. :)

10. ashley g says:

p.s. you may have mentioned this, but may I ask what black you used in your dining room?

11. ashley g says:

Oh! That is what was on my door…it looks SO sophisticated in your place!

thanks so much!

12. Megan says:

Love the tree, but LOVE the black and white photo against your Rust Oleum Black Chalkboard Paint. Can I ask who it’s by or where you got it?

13. victoria says:

thanks, megan. the print is by elisabeth dunker, from fine little day:

14. Nashvilledeb says:

Nice! I’m dying over your buffet. I want one too!

15. Amy Herbst says:

Seriously love it, Victoria.

16. Leone says:

The entire vignette set against the dark walls is simply gorgeous!

17. kms says:

so sweet and simple! just perfect…xo.

18. Tanya says:

What a cool tree!

19. victoria says:

thanks again, you guys.

that buffet was $5! at a yard sale – covered in icky cream paint, so i stripped it and sanded it and it was all happy again. :)

20. Very cute tree. I like it. Great alternative to the big green messy ones. I have not had a tree for 4 years since I celebrate hanukkah as well, but this year I decided to buy a live little tree that kind of looks like a Christmas tree, but I can keep it as a plant all year long. Well see how it works out. I have yet to decorate it.

21. I hear ya. I just got my tree up. Why have I not been reading you? I do not know–but you are great and I have the same little white West Elm vignette in our bedroom. Merry Christmas!

22. Emma says:

Oh the mountain poster, thanks :)!

23. Looks very nice Victoria! Double thanks :)

24. victoria says:

thank YOU, elisabeth. as you can see i get a lot of compliments on it. :)