it’s beginning to look much more like christmas.

i have finally gotten round to adding some decorations to my christmas tree. it sat there, lonely for a few days, albeit smelling so great, but lonesome for some holiday lights and festive ornaments. i went with a sort of vintage-inspired woodland theme this year.

and, you know what? a tree really does help you get into the spirit of the holidays. thanks so much to green valley christmas trees for sending me such a beautiful tree!

Comments
27 Responses to “it’s beginning to look much more like christmas.”
  1. what a lovely x-mas tree so very stunning…

2. Nashvilledeb says:

Your tree is beautiful, Victoria! Prettiest I’ve seen so far this season. Love the vintage and outdoor decorations. As usual, your blog has been wonderful this year. It makes me want to do a complete overhall in my house. Have the Happiest of Holidays!

3. What a lovely tree, Victoria! I love the petite ballerina and the vintage-looking Christmas balls.

4. Will says:

Your tree is beautiful, Victoria. You know me, I am partial to a woodland-themed Christmas! ;) Great snaps, too.

5. The tree and your home look beautiful! Happy Holidays to you Victoria!

6. wishful nals says:

your tree is gorgeous! i love the birdhouses and delicate ornaments. we’ve been traveling the last few weeks, but the first thing on my list upon coming home was getting a tree. it really does amplify the season’s charm.

7. Such a wonderful treel. I really like the birdhouse topper.

8. victoria says:

thanks you guys.

the ballerina is an old cupcake topper! and those birdhouses? 2 for $5 at the drugstore. :)

9. Its beautiful. really love the floor lamp – where is that from?

10. Laura Marie says:

Your tree is beautiful, but I must say–I’m still getting over how much I adore your home!! (I’m moving to SF next year and added to my growing list of ‘things I want in an apartment’ is rounded doorways… gorgeous!)

Hope you’re having a great week!
    xo Laura Marie

11. Love the birdhouse topper! So cute…

12. sara says:

your home and tree are wonderful!
    this makes me so excited to go to my home and decorate our tree!

13. Anna @ D16 says:

Okay, I’m jealous. This just all looks so festive and pretty and warm.

Next year I’m putting up a tree, mark my words!

14. Lottie Loves says:

what a lovely tree and an even more lovely home :)

15. Judy says:

Your tree is lovely! Sometimes your tree simply needs to sit until inspiration strikes!

16. Sarah says:

Love love love your tree. The vintage retro reindeer are my number one pic this holiday for decorating and I’m loving the birdhouse instead of an angel or star at the top of the tree. Fantastic job.

17. victoria says:

thanks y’all so much. i was kinda bahumbug and this tree really made me feel better about the holidays.

elizabeth – thank you and happy holidays to you!

manvi – that floor lamp was a swap i made with an old neighbor of mine. i think it’s an industrial or surgical lamp.

laura – thank you – i liked the archways, too. and almost welcome to SF!

anna – do it. it smells so good, too.

that birdhouse at the top is from the flea market, too. my angels kept toppling over and breaking! i’m not sure what that says about me. ;)

18. aw Victoria, your Christmas tree is gorgeous! Love all the little details, makes it so special. xoxo

19. love all the different decorations, looking very christmas to me!

20. RueRenee says:

so pretty.

21. Tanya says:

Fun! I love all the varieties of decor

22. Sigrid says:

pretty as a postcard! nice work. my man always wants a tree, i say i do not need it, we get it, and i am glad ~ you are so right.

23. Catherine says:

Wow, I absolutely LOVE your tree! Beautiful!

24. Laura says:

love fresh snow IV!

25. Brooke says:

so pretty! and your paperwhites look divine! xo

26. victoria says:

thanks so much everyone!

brooke – they smell nice, too. :)

27. I love your tree Victoria! We’re sticklers for a real tree in our home…the smell truly makes it feel like Christmas! Your collection of ornaments is lovely and the perfect mix of old and new :) Merry Christmas!