organica: malin elmlid.

i love everything about this home — it has that envious and effortless look that i wish i were a little more relaxed to pull off.  it’s just leaning a little bit on the side of simple, yet kind of organized chaos, that seems to quite common in european homes, but they just seem to know how to pull it off without looking messy — just casual chic! this is the berlin home of malin elmlid, a baker and creative entrepreneur, originally from sweden.

malin started the bread exchange — her Idea is very simple. she bakes white yeast-free sourdough bread (apparently almost impossible to buy in Berlin), and trades it with people for things that they can do better then she can. It can be anything, really, not just food related. ever notice how some people can even make being healthy, and even eating granola look glamorous? this is one of those times for me. mildly irritating, but oh so inspiring. for more about malin check out this interview on freunde von freunden, as well as her blog, miss elmid.

• Photography courtesy of Ailine Liefeld, via Freunde von Freunden.

Comments
17 Responses to “organica: malin elmlid.”
  1. I liked very much, so cozy and the style vintage ilove!

2. i could see myself being very happy in this apartment! the idea of the bread exchange is GREAT, i have heard of lots of people doing similar things as a solution to the current economy. inspiring, all of it!

3. Don’t you just know that there are lots of great friends and conversations going on in this place? Off to check the bread exchange. What a terrific idea.

4. IAMSNWFLAKE says:

Really nice. Loved the decked balcony and her kitchen window sill garden.

5. Meghan says:

Love those floors!

6. Sarah says:

Love this! It’s so cosy :)

7. I shoot homes for a living, and I love seeing homes like this where everything just works…and effortlessly too. Thanks for sharing this space Victoria!

8. Bartering – love it! I’d gladly make someone stationery for something yummy or handmade.

9. Melissah says:

I just discovered your lovely blog. I’m just new into blogging & have just finished off my own blog on fashion & interior design.
    scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
    I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    x
    Melissah

10. I posted this same apartment the other day..it’s really wonderful isn’t it. I don’t think there’s one thing I disliked about it.

11. andi says:

What a lovely space! I want her purses!!!

12. Carlita says:

This house is just perfect. My dream house. :)

13. Meredith says:

Love the photos and the light from all the windows. Just beautiful.
    Cheers!!

14. The light is wonderful!

Happy Friday to all!!!
    Connie :-)

15. mmm love those wood floors!

16. Malin says:

Thank you so so much for the Sweet words!

In case anyone is going to Berlin, and looking for a place to stay, feel free to contact me. I travel a lot and sometimes rent out (or even swap) my home during those times. Me and my girlfriends sometimes do bed and breakfasts in our apartments too!

All the best,
    Malin (malin@elmlid.com)

17. victoria says:

thank you, malin. your story is so inspiring! i’d love to swap for san francisco sometime if you’d ever like to visit! :)