vintage finds for a modern world: mixed pickles.

This adorable shop is called Mixed Pickles — a new antique shop in the Temescal area of Oakland, california — full of unique and curious vintage decor. photographer Christina Schmidhofer was kind enough to send me some of her wonderful photographs of mixed pickles, and i was happy to share. i love a good vintage shop — for those days when there’s not a flea market in sight!

brought to us by Roger Williams and Sharon Hoyle, mixed pickles is a great mix of both partners’ vintage-inspired style in a roomy space with extra high ceilings. they’ve also got a blog you can follow, where they share new inventory and news about the shop. thanks so much for sharing this charming find, christina!

• photos courtesy ©Christina Schmidhofer.

Comments
23 Responses to “vintage finds for a modern world: mixed pickles.”
  1. muito bom , adoro vintage , é a minha praia !!!!

2. ethanollie says:

just the kind of shop i’d love to have someday

3. this shop is beyond beautiful! love it!

4. Love it, everything looks great. I miss California : ( .

5. What a lovely little shop! Next time I’m home in California, I’m totally making a detour for a visit to their store.

6. Even though I am not there physically, I can see some amazing pieces I would like to add to my home. I think I need to plan a trip put west.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

7. Cez says:

just gorgeous like we love!!! and the couple is so cute…. great share Victoria!!!!

8. Kristina says:

What a wonderful shop, would love love love to go… Such a shame Bern is kind of far away from Oakland :)
    Viele Gruesse, Kristina

9. Gosh, it all looks great! Nevermind taking pieces home, I sort of just want to move in! And the owners are adorable. :)

10. fantastic store. i could spend hours upon hours sifting through all the goodies.

11. Andrea W. says:

I had a chance to meet Roger last weekend at The Modernist Pop-Up Shop hosted by Dee Adams of deedee9:14 in Oakland. He was delightful! MP also works with Our House Vintage, one of my favorite Etsy shops.

12. Mireille says:

Love the mix and match. And love these pictures! Thanks for sharing! Mireille

13. I LOVE this shop — just discovered it the other day and am so happy to have it in my ‘hood.

14. Melissa Youngerman says:

Way to go Rog. Best of luck. Wish I could see it in person. xoxo

15. ok! that is my kind of place! especially love that big piece on the wall behind the glass counter! wish georgia was not so far away for that fab shop, i would definitely make a visit!

16. UpGemini says:

awww the shop looks like a warm, lovey home… I could move in it! :D

17. Penny Patten says:

What a great looking shop. I would love to shop there!

18. I’m a little jealous. Guess I’m going to have to plan a ‘business’ trip to SF. :-) Thanks for the excuse.

Happy Thursday! :-)

19. Margarita says:

Just the kind of shop I like and inspire to own one day!! maybe when I move back to Spain!!

20. What fun! I’d love to visit this shop the next time I’m in CA.

21. Anne says:

Thanks for the post on Pickles as it is just a ways from me and didn’t know about it.
    Berkeley Retired!

22. Beverly says:

I would love to visit your shop! It speaks of a lifestyle not just things….