curated collections.

hello! i’m so happy to be back at sfgirlbybay after a few weeks away! although i’m a bit sad that ‘the house that jealousy built’ is finished, i’m very excited to start this new art series called ‘curated collections’. today’s artsy collection – pet portraits of course! why? i’m not sure to be totally honest, i just keep finding them, well, everywhere! they’re hilarious, sweet, and kinda weird which is a fab combo if you ask me. i think i’m drawn to them because they’re all created with so much love for the creatures that share our lives, and a gigantic place in our hearts. and clearly, you can honor these little critters any way you like – stoic paintings, miniature felted replicas, or by placing their heads on human bodies and displaying them proudly every time you serve dessert. see? hilarious, sweet and kinda weird!

i’ll be back in two weeks with another curated collection. see you then! ~ the jealous curator

{1. paintings ~ kate pugsley 2. collages ~ ma + chr 3. felted minis ~ kay stahler 4. drawing ~ julia pott 5. plates ~ angela rossi 6. pen drawings ~ louche lab }

Comments
28 Responses to “curated collections.”
  1. jenn says:

eeeeeeep… all these little critters make me so very happy. lurrrrvs them :)

2. I love the felted wool ones. So darling!

3. The Corgi is my favorite. That is the cutest darn thing ever. Great collection of little boo boo furry friends. Thank you!!

4. CHar says:

GORGEOUS!
    I am a Pet Portrait Artist in my own way…
    HUGS
    Char.x

5. heaven says:

felted minis of my boys will be required. thanks for my new obsession. : )

6. Tara says:

I LOVE the plates. I want to buy all of them.

I’ve been painting cats on their backs lately. It’s really cathartic.

7. cb says:

i love these animal portraits! i a working on some that are similar that i would love to share with you!

xo,
    cb

8. I love the animal portraits!!! So funny and whimsical. I especially like the collages on the plates. Thank you for turning us on to those! I am always finding cute little plates at the thrifts stores that would be perfect for that. I think I’ll have to make one of those with a standard poodle, like my cutie Hunter, photo for my office. Love your Blog! You Rock!
    Susan
    Sanctuary Home

9. Brittany says:

These are UH-MAY-ZING!! I want one so bad. My pets are so weird and funny. I would love personalized portraits of them if I could afford it. A girl can always wish!

10. Hi Victoria,
    I just wanted to let you know that I just wrote a post that was inspired by your jealous curator post, and I bragged about you a little, I hope that’s okay, and linked to your blog.
    Susan ; )

11. ha – i know! i have two mini wiener dogs (stella and murphy)… i’d love to have kate pugsley paint them, or have a couple of little felted minis made… or put their sweet faces on some fancy plates! ah, nothing like eating chocolate cake with a wiener dog looking back atcha!

12. lizzie says:

i love all of these…especially the kooky eyes work…awesome collection!

13. Meredith says:

Love the blog post!!

If I don’t watch it my whole blog will look like your pet portrait project. I sometimes need some restraint when it comes to posting about my dog “Jingi”.
    Cheers!!

14. omg. love all of these and this new series!

15. I just recently found your blog and am enchanted! This post brightened up my entire day… now I must dig through the sites to see if I can find a SCHNAUZER portrait.

Keighley resident of Fancy House Road
    xo

16. victoria says:

i’m so glad y’all like this new post series – but all the much deserved accolades and credit goes to the jealous curator – this is her fab guest post!

17. Beth says:

These are adorable! 4, 5, and 6 are my absolute favourites!

18. Michelle says:

#2 Cracks me up. Brilliant. And I want to squish the l’il faces in #3! So sweet, makes my teeth hurt. :)

19. hila says:

haha, while all of these are awesome, I really love the plates – particularly the noble poses! I swear, my cat sometimes looks at me like that. I’m sure he’s aware that I’m his staff member, not his owner. Thanks for the giggle.

20. thanks for all of your sweet comments! now run out and get your pets face put on a plate… i’m going to!
    ; )

21. Jillian says:

Love the collaged ones with the funny eyes and the felted ones are precious! How cool would that be to have a little felted animal made after your own pet!

22. Evita says:

This post really made me smile. Love, love, love all of these and I’m so looking forward to what the rest of the series will hold for us!

We’re so going to get some of the plates.

23. Allyn says:

These are FABULOUS! I absolutely ADORE the felt animals!!! Just too cute :)

24. Shannon says:

I love that you posted these! My husband had a painting of my cats “commissioned” for my Christmas present. You are exactly right – it’s hilarious, sweet, and definitely weird!

(and since I mentioned it, I must share it):

25. That’s hilarious! Thanks for sharing Shannon : )

26. katrina says:

this is FANTASTIC!!! i love them all.

27. Robin Romain says:

These are the best I’ve ever seen!! I’m starting to drool….