organica: mixed up like mad.

i love this very eclectic Victorian house in Stoke Newington, in the uk. it’s full of vintage goodness, with a gorgeous garden and beautiful, natural light. it’s a very organic mix all of these Gothic-looking antiques, mirrors, and chandeliers mixed up with a mid-century modern lighting fixtures and furnishings that form a creative whole. pieces like Saarinen table and chairs, and even a bright orange egg chair thrown in with overstuffed chaise and poufs! i always admire interiors like this – you wonder who thought these pieces could work so well together? but they do!

• photos via light locations.

Comments
21 Responses to “organica: mixed up like mad.”
  1. Gorgeous spaces! love the mix of modern and vintage
    xx
    callie

2. These are my favorite kind of spaces… a little bit modern, a little bit rugged and woody, white and airy yet also colorful.

I just did a post on live edge coffee tables… I think one of those would look delightful in this space!

3. Laura Marie says:

Oh my gosh, love this! The little pops of pink and yellow are just so perfect… Thanks for sharing! :)

4. Anna says:

I like it!
    Inviting and elegant, modern and classic.
    I’m inspired. :)

5. Shara says:

lovely! love the eclectic and individual look. the garden photo is especially calling to me; what a relaxing looking spot!

6. Whitney J says:

my favorite interiors are the ones with lots of white. so i’m REALLY loving this one. very beautiful! :)

7. emma lamb says:

I love ‘light locations’, so much gorgeous inspiration and this one you’ve found is just delicious… !
    I think a clean white backdrop and a truth to your own preferences can make any eclectic mix work. The real secret is being able to see when you have the right balance of both quantity and styles, but that comes with practice… :)

8. pretty!!! love this home, thanks for sharing, Victoria!

9. natalie says:

absolutely ADORABLE! what great light & decor – makes me itch for warmer weather so i can do scavenge flea markets for new vintage finds!

10. Gorgeous home…I see so much inspiration there to use in my own home!

11. Amy says:

I love the faux mantel piece, really works!!

12. lizzie says:

EXCELLENCE. i absolutely love this! the mod style with the vintage mixed in…so beautiful.

13. Bello! me encanta! quiesiera este estilo para mi casa. ;)

14. IAMSNWFLAKE says:

What a nice homeoffice corner right by the doors leading to that cozy patio nook and garden!

15. Yes, I agree that the white space really helps to let everything live together. However, you’ve got to admire how brave it is to mix like this and how talented it is to make it work. I’m all over the place in my design preferences and would love to be able to accomplish a room like this!

16. erica says:

I love this and everything you post! I just moved into a new colony home apartment with white walls and hardwood floors! ill try to post a before and after on my blog!

17. LOVE how the the room in the 6th pic opens to the outside!

18. I love this house. I love eclectic houses because for me it’s having all the things you love at once.

19. I absolutely LOVE this home! It is very much the way I imagine our eclectic taste blending together in our own home. I’ve been hoping to see someone else pull together a retro, victorian, vintage blend and this is just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing!

20. Meredith says:

I totally dig the shutters as closet doors.
    Cheers!!