style maven: emily henderson.

you might know interior stylist emily henderson from a television competition called Design Star (which she won), or perhaps you’re looking forward to her new HGTV show called Secrets From A Stylist. me, i don’t have television, so i just found her surfing around the web, and instantly loved her taste – style with a sense of humor. i quite like that her rooms are eclectic and unexpected, and don’t take themselves too seriously. you know i have a weakness for vintage portraits, too. emily resides in Sunny los angeles, working as a stylist extraordinaire – you can find some of her styling secrets here, and read more from emily on her blog here.

Comments
17 Responses to “style maven: emily henderson.”
  1. i CAN’T WAIT for emily’s show to start!

xo,
    joAnn

2. Pascale says:

Love the cow rug!is there a store in sf which carries that?

3. victoria says:

pascale – i actually saw them at ikea in emeryville last week!

4. Love her! So I have a black toile bedroom that I still love but would like a little change. I wonder how that yellow color would work with the toile and blue walls…hhmmmm.

5. victoria says:

i think that sounds quite smashing!

6. Sharon says:

Love your post and I’m so excited about this series. Can you say ‘stylist wannabe’? That’s me :)

7. For those of you in the Bay Area, I recently found (and sadly did not purchase) green chairs very similar to the pair in these pictures on Craigslist. $250 for the pair. Wonder if they are still available…I searched using the word “pair.”
    I did a post on it:

8. kristin says:

anyone -anyone know where i can find the woven chair in the cow rug room i am mad for that chair!!! thanks heaps!

9. victoria says:

kristin – i do believe that is a vintage wegman folding chair. quite expensive, but i would check ebay and craigslist:

10. I absolutely LOVE how light and airy all of the rooms are! Love the black and white pic on the wall in pic 6. Love both of the desks. Love the whole thing!!!

11. kristin says:

thanks so much it’s Hans J Wegner-FYI- but I never would have found it without your help!! Cheers!

12. whitney says:

Beautiful! I really enjoyed how all of the photo’s are styled. The flower arrangements are just beautiful!

13. Rachel says:

Love everything. I’ll be filing this away for reference for my own home. Thank you for sharing.

14. OMG. i was just checking in on your blog, you know, looking for pretty inspiration pics, and looky looky, here i am. you are so awesome. thank you so much.

15. victoria says:

hi emily! well, you must have been really inspired then – seeing your amazing style here! thank you! :)