i spy: palm springs style.

croatia vintage.

i’m not sure if i’ve told y’all, but i’m off to palm springs this weekend! it’s modernism week, and my good friend casey has a home there, so lucy and i are applying our sunscreen and headed to the desert for a week of mid-century modern madness. i’ll be blogging from there, so it’ll be a working vacation, but no matter, the wifi should work by the pool. as you may recall, i was there last year, and it’s become an annual event. let’s get in the mood, shall we? i spy a little palm springs style!

sfgirlbybay.

trina turk.

39east.

beautiful disaster.

chimay bleue.

vintage pucci.

wejetset.

sfgirlbybay.

green wedding shoes.

sfgirlbybay.

tiny water.

grassdoe.

tipple & snack.

tiny water.

Comments
28 Responses to “i spy: palm springs style.”
  1. What a great trip to take in the midst of this Northern CA wintry storm! I absolutely adore Trina Turk. This post made me want to pull out all my summery prints. Thanks for the mini-vacay!

2. Feeling rather jealous of you. Have fun! Really like your shoes by the way!

3. Wow – as I look back and forth between your pictures and a very gray day here, I can’t wait to see more! Sheri

4. kelly says:

So funny when I went there last September I had no problem packing at all and I always have trouble packing. I then realized I have half a closet filled with Palm Springs appropriate clothing that I never get to wear here.

5. casey mooney says:

yahoo! scout and i anxiously await your arrival with miss lucy!

6. victoria says:

is it gonna rain, miss mooney?

7. casey mooney says:

si seƱorita…it looks like we’ll have a few days of rain.

8. Amy says:

this is all so pleasing to the eye.
    What fun!
    Enjoy your getaway.
    Amy

9. marlene says:

awesome. we are dragging our airstream there for a week. looking forward to the vintage trailer show at the riveria. really want to check out the other events too but not sure what else will be kid friendly.

10. Cez says:

want to be thereeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! amazing pictures by the way!!!!!!

11. Kristen says:

Oh, wow I loooove Palm Springs! You will have a fabulous time, no doubt!

12. Christine says:

I love Trina Turk! Those of us in London are highly jealous of your sunshine. I’ve been fantasizing about living in San Francisco for far too long now. Enjoy Palm Springs!

13. Samantha says:

Wishing you a wonderful weekend in Palm Springs. Your photos have me wanting to head out there for a weekend getaway. My husband and I always stay at the Viceroy! Enjoy. xo Samantha

14. This is seriously a beautiful post! I love it!

15. Sarah says:

I LOVE Palm Springs, stayed there years ago when I was in college and burned my eyelids – didn’t know how hot that sun could get in the desert!! I love the mid-century modern designs too and the photos above are fab!

16. Have a great time you lucky girl you!
    Thanks for sharing all the happy images. I’ve never loved a gas station so much….that esso station is spectacular!

17. Sigrid says:

i think you need to recreate the Pucci shot with Lucy! :)

18. Thanks for the introduction to Jonathan Levitt – what gorgeous work!

19. Turquoise and yellow are such Plam Springs colours! I love them.

20. Shay says:

I hope to spy you and your retro/groovy green shoes at some of the events.
    Shay~ designer junk finder

21. jennifer says:

Oh, how I wish I was going. Can’t wait to see your pictures. Say hi to Casey!

22. whitney says:

Thanks for bringing a little Palm Springs sunshine to a very grey San Francisco. Can’t wait to hear about your adventures.

23. Leone says:

What a fabulous post! Enjoy you lucky chickie.

24. Dani says:

I LOVE the Parker. Can I please go live there forever? k thanks

25. Love those mid century modern colors – avocado, orange like orange should be, turquoise (it’s making a comeback)and the boldness of juxtaposing bright colors in one crazy swirl.

26. Beautiful collection of photos! Love those green shoes, are they yours?!

27. victoria says:

thanks christina – yes, those are shoes i found on my last thrift shop trip to palm springs.

28. Iga says:

Beautiful rain could be. These corals delicious, I would gladly have bought :)