tuesday’s girl: talbots.

yep, you read right, talbots. established in 1947, talbots has completely reinvented itself, with julianne moore guiding the way, stunningly photographed by mert & marcus. i don’t know whose creative vision this was, but it’s certainly a vision of loveliness, and is bound to turn some heads, if not find talbots a whole new brand of customer. julianne looks gorgeous, and the clothes and jewelry look mighty impressive as well.

Comments
32 Responses to “tuesday’s girl: talbots.”
  1. Evita says:

Oh.My.Goodness. Bravo for them, and wow, my teenage years have come rushing back. Ms. Julianne is looking mighty spectacular in these photos!

2. aubrey says:

Wow. I saw these pics a few days ago and was blown away. Julianne is absolutely gorgeous! xx.

3. Rachel E. says:

The photos are amazing, but even more amazing to me is the fact that they offer WomanPetite sizing! Not separately, but together! No longer will I have to decide between buying women’s sizes that are way too long or petite sizes that fit me everywhere except the bust and waist! Short, fat chicks like me rejoice! Thank you for sharing this. This may seriously revolutionize my shopping experience.

4. Anna @ D16 says:

What?! Wow…I never would have thought Talbots, not a million years. Amazing photography.

5. Anna @ D16 says:

I need to leave a second comment just to say that I think Julienne Moore has got to be one of the most beautiful women alive.

That’s all. :)

6. My goodness, Talbots has really emerged out of the wood work this season!

7. Laura. says:

oh! i’m with rachel e, though i’m on the tall end of the spectrum. as a person who has NEVER fit into tiny sizes at stores like j. crew, etc. it’s really exciting to see a store that carries a variety of sizes stepping up and making some REALLY EFFING PRETTY things.

8. victoria says:

i know….right???

i have been so excited to share this – but had to wait until ‘tuesday’s girl’ – argh! :)

i agree about julianne – love her. love her on 30 rock and think she’s such a unique, beautiful woman!

9. Ani Allen says:

Wow!!! She looks amazing and the design are breath taking!!! thanks for sharing.

xoxo,
    ani
    follow me http://aadreamsblog.blogspot.com/

10. Sam says:

I *Love* that blouse in the 5th photo! Wow.

11. Mariela says:

She look so beautiful, the photos are amazing.

12. pam says:

ohh….i saw the ads. I saw the pinterest – pins. And I headed over to my nearest Talbots. And walked away beyond happy and at least 7 new (mix/match) outfits. And on top of that they had 20% off the entire store to celebrate their new look! it was perfect!

13. Really stunning! I don’t know if I’ve ever been in a Talbot’s store before, but I’m dying to go now.

14. Amy says:

What no way, well this is an amazing turn around from a store I would never step foot in. Now I want to run there to see it all.
    Just a beautiful layout!

15. jodi says:

so pretty. i’ve been seeing some of these images around lately. makes me want to check out talbots, so . . . good job advertising team!

16. Debra says:

I love the new looks, but they need to remodel the stores, they look empty and stale and poorly merchandised. In addition, their staff is still the same old timers(no prejudice intended, I’m no spring chicken) and not always so helpful and friendly. Julianne looks amazing though and I have purchased recently online.

17. victoria says:

what a dreamy series of photographs! i am utterly amazed.

18. shanna says:

swooning. and love that their sizing embraces all sorts of women. really inspiring.

19. Ambyr says:

Seriously love this. I didn’t even recognize her, even though she’s always beautiful, she looks so young and fresh in this shoot. The denim dress and pink blouse (first pic) are my favorite.

Love,

20. Susan says:

Glad to see it. But I must tell all you young people :) that for years I wore black Audrey pants, black turtlenecks, & other classics from Talbots sales. I would rec’v soooooooooo many compliments & the inevitable “I can’t find that stuff anywhere in a good price where did you find?” – Um, Talbots. Silence. Weird looks. I always thought that was hilarious. They actually would not go into the store even though they loved what I’d found. Talk about hung up on ‘where/what’ label. Hmmm.

21. Jen says:

I was just looking at this yesterday. Talbots has really tried to re-brand itself as more youthful over the past couple of years. I love the current collection.

22. victoria says:

susan – so interesting! i think you can find good basics like audrey pants many unexpected places, and then it’s all in how you put it together, right? you probably have great style…but i agree. i’ll shop anywhere that has what i need, and fits well!

23. Tina says:

oh my! i’ve never liked Talbots, but i want to own every singe one of those outfits! looooove.

24. Jesse Lu says:

My jaw just dropped. I can’t believe it. This looks stunning.

25. Wow. I might actually shop at Talbots, now. I’ve only been there a couple times, and I was shopping for my mom.

26. Nadine says:

I think she looks good, but on “normal, real life” photos, she looks really different, but also beautiful!

27. ell.uu says:

yeah. i always thought Talbots was very matronly, very First Lady-ish stuff. looks like a nice change.

28. Margarita says:

The photos are gorgeous, the syling and colors as well, how does she manage to look so young?? I want to know the secrets haha…

29. katie bee says:

Talbots has been making some lovely stuff for a few years, actually, but this is the biggest change yet–good stuff! And just a tip, they will have really fantastic end-of-season sales that go through two or three markdowns, so things will be less than half their original price. Also, I’m twenty-two, and I’ve had basics from Talbots since I was a kid-my grandma used to pick stuff up for me since they had tall sizes. Just had to throw that in there, since it seems everyone else who’s been wearing talbots for years is a bit older than me. :)

30. Oh Julianne…how you steal my heart…

Thanks for sharing!!