fab friday.

story.

there really is no place like home. home is where the heart is. you can go home again. wherever you lay your hat is your home…you know all these sayings. and i think they’re mostly true. i’m actually quite the homebody. i love being out with friends in the city, or traveling to exotic ports of call, but i also really love coming home to san francisco. today’s fab friday is an homage to home. what’s home to you?

home to be alone, by nich hance mcelroy; primitive wood town from says the tree; and Soft Sculpture Fabric Home from cotton bird designs.

lara rossignol’s near dusk, via piewacket.

Matt LaFleur, via woodandpaint; MAGAZIN, a magazine stand in the shape of a house, via design milk; little house necklaces from ARTISANIEeurope; and wandering yaks continued by jing wei, via tiny showcase.

albeit dark, but very fabulous thomas doyle scuplture, via booooooom; Sustainsia’s cocoon backyard house, via herman miller’s lifework.

tulips by ryan kapp, from the beholder; and kelly lynn jones’ poketo wallet at little paper planes.

Comments
9 Responses to “fab friday.”
  1. annawithlove says:

Just found your blog through bonnie’s “it” list love her and loving your blog! xo

2. mie says:

Home for me is the extension of my body.
    It always makes me happy to know that you love your own space, Victoria.

3. I just read this today:

“One’s home is like a delicious piece of pie you order in a restaurant on a country road one cozy evening – the best piece of pie you have ever eaten in your life – and can never find again. After you leave home, you may find yourself feeling homesick, even if you have a new home that has nicer wallpaper and a more efficient dishwasher than the home in which you grew up.”
    -Lemony Snicket

Home is on my mind today…

4. Ashley says:

I’m 23 and for one reason or another I have never truly felt ‘at home’ with any house I’ve lived in. My city and its architectural landscape speak to me of home. Even as buildings are added and taken away it resonates with familiarity because the oldest landmarks stay still.

5. Minnie Moore says:

If I had found this post while writing my thesis, I´d have felt completely happy…anyway, it has been a great discovery!
    I also work about the idea of home in my artwork,
    Hope you like it:

(my blog is written in English/Spanish)
    Saludos!

6. Sara Dowle says:

I love all the “house” imagery!

I work for residential architects as an assistant and it gets you thinking of what the aesthetic of a ‘house’ is! A box with a roof and a chimney do it for me!

7. DEVIANTdecor says:

Wow – Thomas Doyle’s work is fantastic!

8. how did i miss this post! thanks lady for posting my wallet! xoxo

9. Rich says:

We’re pretty blessed to be able to a place to call home. I’ve been all over this world in some pretty terrible spots (disasters, city dumps, slums) and unfortunately the majority of the world aren’t secure in the house (or place, spot) they sleep or stay). As we ruminate in the comfort of our homes lets remember for a moment those who do not have! It is for this reason we have started Shelter The World and invite you to help us make a difference in peoples lives http://sheltertheworld.org Thanks Rich