sunday in the city.

nature abounds in san francisco this sunday in the city…sunny skies and everything is in bloom. i love when the cherry blossoms make their annual visit, and i’ve been known to brake for those pink bunches of love. i’ll stop the car, and with the top down, take as many snaps as i can…until the horns start honking and i must move on. cherry blossoms weren’t the only thing in bloom, and this weekend i hit the mission district, and en-route perhaps only caused the very briefest of traffic jams with my camera. i swear!

Comments
22 Responses to “sunday in the city.”
  1. Love love love!!! You have such a great eye and of course wonderful talent…
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    ~julie

2. Novi says:

Thank you for these!! It’s very gray and wet here, thank you for this bright start of my day, love the signs.

3. Laura Belle says:

My fiancé and I are visiting SF (from MN) for our first time this weekend and Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. Staying in Japantown and stolling around the bay made for a great first impression of this city. Love it!

4. homestilo says:

Amazing colors! This is bad…but whenever I see those cherry blossom trees or forsythia I just think “…if only I had some pruning shears on me…”(but I promise I’ve never acted on that)

5. AHHHHHHHHH….. a breath of fresh spring air! Thanks so much for providing a much-needed dose of beautiful, uplifting color!
    Gillian

6. victoria says:

thanks so much everyone – was beautiful here!

homestilo – i was JUST saying that to friends at the dog park yesterday. they thought i was so bad! :)

i’ve not acted on it either, but oh, i would love to. they just don’t have blossoms like this in the shops! ;)

7. Priya says:

The pictures are definitely worth causing traffic jams :).

8. LOVE the colours! I can really feel the presence of spring in these pictures!

9. Such beautiful images of the city! You’re a very talented photographer and have a great eye. Thanks for sharing :)

10. Love the photos, the colors are amazing, kinda makes me want to go to outdoor markets on Sundays.
    Bless Sundays, they are definitely a favorite.

11. Will says:

Amazing photos, Victoria – so colourful! I love that you caused a traffic jam (totally worth it I have to say!)

12. beautiful spring colors! thanks for sharing your wonderful “Sunday in the City”!

13. Ingrid says:

red yellow and blue!

14. island sweet says:

and i’ll be there next sunday! all the way from snowy newfoundland.

15. Anna says:

I LOVE these posts. I live near the Mission and these images capture the character so well while infusing a beauty that is sometimes not obvious. Thanks for these posts!

16. What a gorgeous dose of color and spring!

17. Kathryn says:

Lovely bright colors! We were away from SF last week and pulled up to our front yard to discover our cherry tree had burst into bloom while we were away.

18. I miss the Bay area so much and love when you share pics of around town. I’m here in Vegas where the architecture is ALL stucco boringness. I miss going for walks there just to soak up the scenery. Thank you so much for sharing!

19. athena says:

i love your ‘sunday in the city’ posts. we visited sf for the first time last sunday and it is a photographer’s dream. how do you go about shooting people’s houses? i always feel like a stalker when i do but i.must.get.the.shot!

20. victoria says:

athena – i just point and shoot. i’ve never had anyone get mad…yet! :)

21. Wally says:

As I told you before I love your Sundays in the City photos – I can´t believe that it is now – this Sunday – that I have to experience a Sunday in your city – I just can´t wait…

22. Vi says:

colour is beautiful! City is beautiful! Flower is beautiful!
    Thank you so much for sharing!