i spy: royal purple.

irina graewe’s bedroom via design*sponge.

easter always reminds me of purple. so, this monday i spy shades of plum, lavender, eggplant, mauve, even mulberry, if you will – all lovely shades in the purple family. it’s also the royal color you know, and you do know what’s coming up this week, right? so let’s have a look at this soothing, yet quite dramatic shade, found in the prettiest of sunsets, and the sweetest smelling flowers. paired with naturals, and unusual pops of contrasting color, i find it most sophisticated and stylish!

morten holtum, via french by design.

big fun by jimmy kets, via designboom.

petra bindel for elle.

pops of turquoise tend to complement plum – from desire to inspire, and turner pocock.

john robshaw chakra pillow; calypso st. barth’s toyko throw and beignet pouf; vass credenza from asplund; the arrival photographic print from alicia bock; karina shams from anthropologie; and pillow from Sara Palacios.

on one hand shades of purple are exotic, and on the other quite calming – bedroom inspiration from bernerzeitung; light locations; and Camilla Krishnaswamy.

falling floral duvet cover from urban outfitters; crate & barrel’s cherries & plums dishtowel; and urban outfitter’s edie velvet chaise.

ultra mod living room from Sköna hem; Two by Autumn Rose Northcraft via society6; pretty plum bedroom from Sköna hem; and ferm living’s tree bomb wallpaper.

feminine bedroom touches from Katya De Grunwald, via living etc.; and stylists Lo Bjurulf and petra bindel.

Comments
24 Responses to “i spy: royal purple.”
  1. I love the rug in the 2nd pic!

2. steph says:

Damn. Gorgeous.

3. Officially need more of this hue in my life.

4. stephanie says:

LOVE the royals. LOVE. Especially the purple variety. What a gorgeous collection of photos. I’m inspired. :)

5. love purple. My bedroom is purple and its lovely :)

6. Amelie says:

Love it! And OH MY this painting of Madonna in the living room is beautiful! Any idea where it comes from ??

7. Cathy says:

Loving the wine stained door behind the chaise. Yummy.

8. I’m not normally really into purple, but I am loving these rooms.

9. victoria says:

amelie – sorry, i am not sure where that painting is from.

eva – me either, but i liked these rooms – especially those with contrasting gold tones.

10. Very sophisticated, I love it against the aqua coloured chairs.

11. Shannon says:

These are lovely! I wouldn’t have thought of the turquoise and plum together. I’ve got an old metal chair that will be getting a blast of turquoise – it’ll look great next to the purple bedspread in the guest room. Thanks!

12. sara says:

mm loving the purple! especially the brooding sky and the pop of yellow on the bed against the deep purple wall.

13. susana majewski says:

love!!!!!!!i do love plum……

14. This makes me realize I don’t appreciate purple as much as I should!

15. I royally love these shades of purple!

~Tracy

16. Kristina says:

So much great inspiration, I definitely need to bring some purple in my life soon!
    Great work, thanks for sharing!
    Kristina*

17. hena tayeb says:

gorgeous when used as an accent. Not sure if I’m loving it on the walls. But the puple chair in the second picture is awesome.. and the pillow with the turquoise chair.. an unexpected combination.

18. Piper says:

I think this post actually makes me like purple! Not typically my fave but it looks great as an accent and I think I’m now in love with that purplish sofa!!

19. Purple is my favorite color. Sooo basically I am in love with this little collection you shared! I’m in purple heaven!

20. Hey Hey,

I used one of your lovely photos in my “inspiring images” post today! Here’s the link:

Thanks for sharing!

xoxo
    Janee
    yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

21. Autumn Rose says:

Hey!
    If anyone wants to know where the “two” print went via autumn northcraft on society 6, it now exists here:

I never said thank you for the little shout out. So thanks! I am now obsessed with your blog and taste.
    Autumn