curated collections.

it’s birthday week at sfgirlbybay! yep, victoria and i are both getting a little older and wiser in the next few days, so i thought it only made sense to start celebrating now. i always start early because, i have to admit, i love my birthday! i totally milk the whole, “it’s my special day” thing, and so today i bring you a curated collection filled to the brim with one of the best parts of “my special day” – cake! chocolate cake with pink icing, vanilla cake covered in cherries, sweet little cupcakes, and a bunch of glowing candles (although i’m not going to tell you how many glowing candles). and of course, the best part about this lovely collection – no calories.

yum! that was goooood. ok, i’m off to get a jump start on “my special day” – and victoria, i suggest you do the same. happy birthday lovely lady!  ~ the jealous curator xo

{1. painting & sculptures ~ will cotton 2. paintings on paper ~ martha rich 3. sculpture, and close up of the inside of that fabulous sculpture ~ lauren brescia 4. realist paintings ~ anselmo swan 5. paintings ~ wayne thiebaud 6. ok, these are titled “bonfires”, but i like to believe that they’re little mixed media ice cream volcano cakes with built in candles ~ tom edwards 7. sculptures ~ beatrice moore 8. painting ~ claire grill}.

Comments
21 Responses to “curated collections.”
  1. Ana says:

I love this images and birthdays should totally be your things! Happy birthday to you both! xx

2. Happy, happy birthday! I love cakes. Great concept in first one, a birthday suit topped with a birthday cake hat! They’re all great!

3. Sarah says:

I for some reason can’t see the images, but a Happy Birthday to both of you!
    Sarah

4. Lee says:

Happy birthday to you both! Enjoy your birthday week!

5. Robin Romain says:

Happy Birthday to both of you! Every birthday girl is entitled to some real cake calories so enjoy!

6. Ambyr says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you! Indulge!

xoxo

7. Jennifer says:

I am drooling over this post. lol I love sweets and now I want a slice of cake! Hope you guys have a nice birthday :-)

8. Kathryn says:

Happy Birthday gals! It’s my birthday too, yeah! On the 11th and it’s a big one, 40! What great eye candy, thanks for that.

9. Sierra says:

Incredible collection…I was gasping as I scrolled through!! Happy Birthday!!

10. now i want some cake!

11. ha! me too!
    thanks for all of the birthday wishes {see, this is why i start celebrating early!!} xo

12. victoria says:

thanks for the ‘birthday’ post, d.! you celebrate in style and i’m glad to tag along.

thanks everyone, so much!

13. kat says:

since it was my birthday yesterday…and one of my favorite shows is the cake boss…i LOVED this post!!!

and…Happy Birthday to you both too!!!

14. Lisa says:

wayne thiebaud, my favorite. got to see his paintings in person at the national gallery of art in washington, dc. bigger than i had expected and i loved every inch of it.

15. wooooa those cakes are crazy! Happy b-day!

16. sara says:

oh my goshhhhhhh amazing! it’s a good thing i had a cupcake yesterday or i would feel left out.
    happy birthday!

17. Amy@Pikaland says:

Happy birthday to the both of you! And my dear Jealous Curator, you’re making me drool all over my keyboard for some scrumptious cakes, and worst of all, it’s 11pm over here. Which means I’ll probably pig out big time at a bakery tomorrow.
    At least it will be worth it – I’m celebrating two kick-ass ladies’ birthdays! :)
    Have a good one girls!

18. This is a beautiful post on cakes! Happy belated birthday, lovelies!

19. automatism says:

What a great post. And — happy happy birthday!!!

:-)

20. you guys are the best… THE BEST! i wish i could have you all over for a piece of cake! xo

21. Pamela says:

Good to see Claire Grill’s art on your blog. I collect her work.