a cup of new york jo.

if you’ve been reading along the last couple of weeks, it’s probably been hard to miss the fact that i’m heading to new york city on friday for a whole week! a trip to nyc is pricey, so i could never be enjoying this luxury without completely stressing, had it not been for the fact the joanna goddard of a cup of jo and i are trading places! and this, my dear friends is joanna’s lovely west village apartment, where i’ll be staying!

i couldn’t be more excited to stay in joanna’s beautiful home, which is also located in such a fab west village location. i’m anxious to visit some of the great new york spots y’all have shared with me too! if y’all have never swapped homes with friends across the world, i highly recommend it as a way to benefit both parties and save on travel expenses! i hope joanna and her family have a wonderful time staying in my san francisco home. happy trails to both of us!

Comments
23 Responses to “a cup of new york jo.”
  1. yay! i can’t wait for the swap!!! :)

2. Will says:

Errrrrrm, so this is kinda just a littttttttle bit cool. Seriously, you are going to have a blast – I just know it! And you know what, it sounds as though you totally need it. Enjoy and can’t wait to read all about it!

P.S. Jo’s place? Dreamy.

3. Omg!!! you’re switching places???? How fun!!!! I would love to switch homes… how did you guys wonderful decision? Did you know each other before hand? Yay for you. you’re gonna have so much fun. what a great way to save on a fabulous trip.

4. Such a great idea! Have an awesome time!

XO
    Lenore

5. victoria says:

me, too, joanna!

thanks so much will – i do need it!

angel – joanna was looking for SF tips on twitter, and i thought hmmmm? i wonder if she’d like to swap. i asked and she did! so we worked out all our dates. it was most perfect! :)

6. Ana says:

Oh Ladies, you’re gonna love that! Can’t wait for future posts about it. xx

7. Lucky– one of the best neighborhoods in the city!

8. rebecca says:

i always hear of people doing this, but have never done it myself. kinda scary! but if you (in some way) know the other person, it’d be perfect.

9. Lori Andrews says:

that is so great! I hope you have a fabulous time!

10. How fun and what a great idea! Definitely a win-win in your case as you both have such lovely homes and live in fabulous cities! Have a wonderful trip…can’t wait to see pics of your adventures :)

11. jodi says:

hooray! i hope you have a great time!

12. Ashley says:

SO FUN!! Both of your places look amazing!! If you ever wanna do a Chicago swap, think of me! (Though our place isn’t anywhere near as great as yours and Jo’s) here it is: http://timeoutchicago.com/%5Btimeout-url-channel%5D/%5Btimeout-url-section%5D/93804/worldly-possessions

13. victoria says:

thank you all so much – i’m so excited!!

thank you ashley – you never know! :)

14. Leanda says:

What a great plan!! Hope you both enjoy your breaks :)

15. Shannon says:

ooo, I just got a white paper lantern that I ordered. Good idea. :)

16. Such a great idea! And it doesn’t hurt that you both live in gorgeous homes.

17. I agree, such a great idea between friends. Her apartment looks amazingly cozy as well!

18. Sarah says:

This sounds so fun! I’m in love with that bar cart too.

19. Corry says:

love this! It’s like “The Holiday”!! I work in NYC and would love to say hi! let me know if you are up for it!! LOVE your site! Corry

20. Anna @ D16 says:

See, I can’t switch places with you because then YOU WON’T BE THERE. And what’s the point of that? ;)

p.s. Happy birthday, Victoria.

21. victoria says:

xo, anna. thank you!! :)

22. Taylor says:

all good blogging leads me to either of you…makes sense that you two would do this! cute idea!

23. JWK says:

Hope you’re having a wonderful time in NYC!!