vintage finds for a modern world: exposed brick.

concept blanc.

something i realized on my trip to new york, is that the one thing i love most about the architecture there is all that brick. i love the look of exposed brick, worn, well-lived, loaded with history. oh, if only those bricks could talk! i thought i’d round up some rooms that embrace the look of brick.

juno harpoon.

cisco brothers’ los angeles showroom, via apartment therapy.

a brooklyn apartment designed by wary meyers.

loft of rob brinson and jill sharp brinson as shared on design*sponge (above & below).

sometimes, brick makes the perfect headboard, via apartment therapy; yayo; the selby and lonny magazine.

transformed garage, via apartment therapy.

i also like the lighter side of brick, via mixr, light locations, and design*sponge.

Comments
29 Responses to “vintage finds for a modern world: exposed brick.”
  1. Raw walls always reveal so much more.
    Cheers!

2. Ambyr says:

This is super cool! I love the red brick with all the white in the cracks, so rustic.

xoxo

3. Amy says:

Yes, I miss BRICK
    I loved growing up around it, the history the stories it told. My dream is to own a brick home one day.
    Here in Vegas, I don’t think any brick even exists so sad :(

4. How do you do it Victoria?! This collection of images is perfect – I’m off to start ripping plaster off my walls x

5. Anna @ D16 says:

I love my brick house! Another plus is that it stays nice and cool inside in the summer. :)

6. Will says:

Gimme exposed brick and time of day or night – LOVE IT!

7. kathryn says:

wow…awesome rooms! i love all things old, worn and textured!!

8. Delisa Sage says:

Fabulous post-such nostalgia for my east coast roots! Great color /texture.

9. Cez says:

love those walls…i did a post in the same way today!!!!!

10. Oh, I used to have so much exposed brick, but no more. I miss it!

11. susan says:

i love old exposed brick and painted brick on house exteriors! great post! susan

12. geisslein says:

oh I am SO IN LOVE with brickwalls…great post! Greetings from germany, geisslein

13. blue fruit says:

So many wonderful examples here. I love exposed brick, and cannot fathom why more people do not see the beauty in its variation and patina. Of course, old brick is more interestingly patterned than new, but freshly laid bricks, especially if laid in irregular depths, are wonderful too.

14. Cassie says:

I. Love. Exposed. Brick!!! Thanks for sharing these stunning photos.

15. Gorgeous photos. This blog is such a source of inspiration – thank you!

16. Alex says:

I looooove these – especially the loft like room with the white curtains and bulldog…pure heaven!!! http://itisthelittlethingsinlife.blogspot.com/

17. I love the kitchen with the red chairs- so eclectic and fun!

18. Jay Harun says:

I’d love to have walls like that! will my dad be mad if i expose the bricks in my bedroom?

19. lindsay says:

We’re currently looking to buy a house. One of our faves has an enormous brick wall that runs all the way to the ceiling, housing a duel sided fireplace. To paint or not? I want to paint it, my husband is skeptical. Hopefully these images will change his mind!

20. Katie says:

Brick makes for such sexy spaces. I love that bedside table in the 10th photo. Anyone know where it’s from?

21. homestilo says:

Love exposed brick. Especially when either painted white or when it has that eroded look, it adds so much character to a space. Love.

22. victoria says:

so glad you all liked this post – i’ve been dreaming of brick since new york. i love the contrast of it, with some more modern pieces.

katie – it’s from a lonny shot, so maybe it’s on their site. seems like you could diy this table somehow, too!

23. LOVE this post! Especially the shots with traces of plaster & paint on top. You’re right – it is very NYC and that is such a good thing!

24. Katherine says:

You’ve just hit on my weakness…love, love, love exposed interior brick & you’ve found some really awesome interiors here for me to drool over!

25. Katie says:

Thanks, Victoria!

26. IAMSNWFLAKE says:

Hey, my comment did not come out! It’s amazing to see pictures of an apartment in my home town (Buenos Aires) published here. The apartment was published in a couple of foreign magazines and last year it was on the market for sale. You can see more photographs here http://www.leticiafirpo.com.ar/fichaventa.php?codigo=600

27. Nathalie says:

All these walls make me soooo happy! Gorgeous!!!

28. What a gorgeous original post. I was doing a half-hearted blog tour and came upon this – and literally sat up straight. Beautifully choices and generous in scope. Thank you!

29. what a beautiful collection of images….thanks so much for sharing!