curated collections.

i love typography. i love art – do you see where i’m going with this? yes! an entire ‘curated collection’ of text-based art! wood, paint, thread, glitter, old signage, and even a little bit of ice. man, oh man, this is my type of art. get it? type of art? ok, you get it – let’s just look at the work, shall we?

ok, so who wants to go on a road trip to the sign graveyard in vegas? yes! me too – i’ll meet you there!  ~ the jealous curator xo

{1. collage ~ greg lamarche 2. gouache on paper ~ mike monteiro 3. installations ~ archie scott gobber 4. icey photographs ~ kotama bouabane 5. repurposed sign lettering ~ jack pierson 6. mixed media ~ ben skinner 7. graphite on paper ~ charmaine olivia 8. photographs ~ erin hanson 9. paintings ~ trey speegle}

Comments
21 Responses to “curated collections.”
  1. homestilo says:

Thanks for making smile.

2. loved the “eat more fiber one”! made me laugh :)

3. Really love this typography post-the sign installation is amazing!

4. Crystal says:

Love this wide aray of Typography. Thanks for the great start to my afternoon.

5. i absolutely love typography! i especially love the work from erin hanson and the icy photographs by kotama bouabane

6. Lisette says:

They’re all great!! :)

7. Will says:

Love the oversized, vintage and colourful signage letters. Great typography.

8. gena says:

i told my therapist about you… hahaha! love all of these especially the ones from jack pierson. great collection/post!

9. Robin Romain says:

I love all types of type; 3D and 2D, funny, paint-by-numbers, colors, nagging, frankly… all of it. Thanks for the fun JC!

10. gia says:

I printed out the “It’s Over” and “What do you mean what do I mean”- both are perfect right now. Have them hanging on my desk at work. Thanks! Makes me smile and feel understood- hah!

11. Dominique says:

I enjoyed this post very much!

12. thank you the lovely comments today! this was a fun post to do – and, as always, thanks to victoria for giving me a place to show these little collections!

13. … oh, and gia… i love that you printed a few of them to hang on your wall (thank goodness you didn’t need the “eat more fiber” photo!)

14. Elle says:

Oh you hit on my favorite things — art & fonts. I *love* *love* *love* fonts. This is great.

15. G. says:

OMG…might be my most favorite-est post ever. From a typography/art/design obsessed chica.

16. Designs Good says:

ha, ha–”you’re not hot enough to be this crazy.” that’s awesome!

17. lovely lovely typography. ok determined to get more letters into my home!

18. Maryline says:

Love it love it love it. It’s creative and funny

19. Judy says:

I love letters, fonts and quotes, so this was immensely interesting to me . A very fun post! Thanks for sharing!