fab friday.

C’est Magnifique Wallpaper.

I’ll be in paris in a couple of weeks, so a thought i’d round up all things french this fab friday. low and behold, i stumbled upon this C’est Magnifique Wallpaper from anthropologie, and i may have just accidentally discovered how to finally resolve the fiasco that is my hideous pink & blue bathroom! what if i hung this paper, and accessorized with jet black bath towels trimmed with little black pompoms? kinda kitschy, but oh so Parisian! anyway, i digress…on to embracing my inner francophile!

what is it about ribbons and stripes that instantly conjures up france for me? a fancy ribbon rosette hand embroidered by Tara Badcock at story; and striped pillow by unison; pretty vintage souvenir scarf 50’s Bouquet de Paris from fabrique fantastique; some Vintage Light Blue French Taffeta Ribbon from 6pence; a 1957 Vintage Postcard of The Eiffel Tower from vintage with heart; and these lounging pajamas look quite cozy for curling up after a long day wandering the seine.

maybe i need to skip around the streets of paris, wearing a forage bow tie (for ladies), n’cest pas?

i’m going to need to see woody allen’s midnight in paris before i leave next friday. i hear it’s full of amazing and inspiring paris scenery.

think i might stumble upon some of this in paris? i could be okay with that. ouí! via photographer pia ulin.

this watercolor by director gus van sant just screams ‘paris!’ to me. lillet is a favorite apéritif of mine, so i plan on having quite a few; as well as ingesting some of Ladurée’s famous macarons; i’ve heard much ado about the vélib bicycle rental system in paris, and i think i might like to try that out (via treehugger), since i plan on eating and drinking my way through the city.

and finally, this feels so Amélie to me…i want to read by lamplight like this in the paris evenings, tucked away in my le marias studio apartment, which i discovered on airbnb.

Comments
29 Responses to “fab friday.”
  1. Anna @ D16 says:

Midnight is Paris is soooooo unbelievably fabulous. You must go. I’m not the type to get worked up over any city other than New York, but even I got pangs of wanderlust for Paris when I saw it.

2. victoria says:

that’s what i heard, so i want to go and get really immersed in paris before i leave!

3. Amelie says:

Actually it’s “vivE la France”, not “viva” ;) Have a great stay in Paris. You should definitely visit the south too (French Riviera), it’s even more beautiful than the city! :)

4. Cathy Jean says:

All Awesome. I am jealous. Hope you get to fly Air France. Best Airlines in the world imo. xoxo

5. victoria says:

amelie – oh, mon dieu! i’ve fixed it – thank you!

i have been to cannes and it was quite wonderful, but probably not time on this trip!

6. anka says:

Enjoy your trip. Paris is oh so lovely and the summer weather can only help.

7. oooh…have a few glass of Lillet for me!!

8. Hello Victoria… does it mean you’d be at bloggermeeting in Amsterdam too on the 25th??
    Enjoy your french pause!

9. victoria says:

jeannine – i will, indeed! :)

lau – i will be in amsterdam until the morning of the 25th, but not at the blogging meet up. was hoping to meet some of the attendees friday night for a drink or something!

10. Lilly says:

Paris!! You lucky girl!! I just watched Midnight in Paris yesterday…sooooooo lovely! And you’re so lucky to actually get to visit Paris right after seeing this movie because it’s exactly what one feels like doing after watching. Love the wallpaper too:) xo

11. riye says:

Victoria I hope you have a fantastic time! The last time I was in Paris I was nursing a broken heart. :-) My favorite Paris movie is “Before Sunset”–kind of talky but I love it. Looking forward to your posts about your trip when you come back to us. :-)

12. Stéphanie says:

Enjoy your time in Paris… if you need some good address , to eat, shop.. do not hesitate

13. Such a beautiful selection of images and lovely post! By the way your blog is amazing and creative. Keep up the great work and positives vibes. ((-:

Have fun in Paris, enjoy every moment! (-:

Cheers! =(^.^)=

14. claire says:

Have you seen these beautiful photographs from little brown pen (http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlebrownpen)? I saw them today on vosgesparis (http://vosgesparis.blogspot.com) – they really make me want to get lost in the streets of Paris. Have a lovely time – I’m very jealous!

15. phyllis says:

I want to see your before and after bathroom! I LOVE all the elements you’ve put together. A macaron dispenser might be nice?
    How did you get Amelie to stop by?

16. Sarah says:

Oh wow, I love that wallpaper! Will have to keep that on file if I should ever get an apt. of my own!

17. Elle Moss says:

I am drooling over the wallpaper. Have fun in Paris! The closest I will get is seeing Midnight in Paris ;)

18. This post is so inspiring. I’m going to see Midnight in Paris this weekend for my birthday :)

19. Taylor says:

LOVE this roundup. Thanks, and have fun in Paris!

20. Oh I wish I was going too! Have fun!

21. Jenny says:

Lovely to see a little bit of Tasmanian goodness amongst all the French style with Tara’s rosette

22. Jenny says:

oh and have a wonderful time

23. Hi ! I am French and i live in Paris..If you want a tour-guide from a french girl which is in love with interior design..Let me know ;-)

24. Cez says:

baisers de France, chère Victoria!!!! Great post !!!!

25. Gina says:

Saw Midnight in Paris at the Kabuki– it’s perfect (glass of champagne in hand of course). Have a wonderful time in Paris.

26. bug says:

if you can
    (and probably someone has already told you)
    try pierre herme’s
    macaroons…
    they are the best…
    and their cakes are among
    the most amazing & tasty desserts
    i have ever eaten.
    also aoiki
    has a great dessert/chocolate store.
    have fun!

27. victoria says:

thank you all so much! mercí~~ :)

28. Kacie says:

Yes! Our baby’s nursery was inspired by Marie Antoinette, macaroons and Paris in general! Love it!
    Check it out here: http://acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-babys-nursery.html

Kacie

29. Linda says:

what a lovely post! your images definitely helped me embrace my inner francophile too! enjoy your trip :)