now we’re cookin’.

designspiration.

like that blog title? ha! there i go again, trying to be all pithy. but these kitchens and dining nooks are really cookin’! smokin’ hot even! they’re just so stylish, cheerful and bright. i went on a little binge and just had to share. now, if only i could rip out my yellow and burgundy (bleeck!) kitchen tile and start anew. a cook can dream, right?

hus & hembolig magasinet and hus & hem.

hus & hem, and fantastic frank; and residence | mixr.

Susanna Varpunen via petra bindel in dwell.

the selby, and a cozy kitchenette from vtwonen.

dusty deco, and fernlund + logan, dos family.

living etc.

Comments
18 Responses to “now we’re cookin’.”
  1. cara says:

ahhhhh this post is making me so anxious to buy my first house and completely redo the kitchen! i hate waiting :p

2. Lida says:

beautiful and tidy kitchens, although one must wonder, at least I do, if the owners ever cook in these:)

3. victoria says:

lida – i think they must…just not during photo shoots! :)

4. sami says:

love the post title and love the wall white. it’s so pretty. i wonder if it would be hard to keep a white kitchen clean?

xo
    sami

5. Cathy Jean says:

Not fair all these photo’s have such a great source of light! Light and white! Must seek it out! @ Sami- white is easy to keep clean. Easier than black and stainless steel which has been all the rage in the last decade imo.

6. these are such beautiful photos! I’m a total sucker for black + white rugs. I must have one in my kitchen someday :)

x fallon

7. Kacie says:

We are redoing our floors really soon and I’m contemplating buying cheap laminate and painting them white!

Kacie
    A Collection of Passions

8. Stephanie says:

Gorgeous…they have these neat peal and stick realistic looking tile covers at home depot to cover the burgundy.

9. I am absolutely vibrating from all of the yin and yang energy. Charming!!! I’m off to redecorate my kitchen.

:-)

10. Nashvilledeb says:

Oh yes, we have to dream. Otherwise we couldn’t create!

11. So many beautiful kitchens! Love the black and white contrast on the fourth image.

12. Alison Rae says:

love it… .a girls gotta dream. lovely photos… we’re looking at buying our first house, and luckily my hubby’s company does the most amazing work http://www.nestwoodworking.com/, so maybe i’ll get my dream kitchen after all. here’s hoping.
    xo
    alison rae

13. lovely kitchens.. why don’t you paint over your tiles? I know such a paint exists… less messy than removing them for now!

14. victoria says:

leila – i’ve thought about it, but i’m only renting, so should it fail, i could be in trouble! ;)

15. Allywan says:

Love a white kitchen with a pop of color!

16. I can never get enough of dreamy kitchens, especially when they’re white, bright and spacious. Need to look for a bigger apartment after your lovely post…
    Cheers Tesca

17. Ariana says:

Clean and White is the way to go. I gotta get rid of my dark wood and horrible 60’s maroon and green tile.

18. We went all white in our kitchen last year. it looks fantastic.