guest post: ab chao.
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I am AB Chao, and I am delighted to be here guest posting for Miss Victoria, who is off gallivanting somewhere fabulous. Meanwhile, here I am, fresh from my week-long beach vacation, and I am real sad that I am not still sitting somewhere that, at the end of the day, leaves me with sand in my underpants.
To make myself feel better, and for edification for your next beach vacation, I present to you my list of your important beach needs. Seriously: pack these items, buy a case of beer when you arrive at your destination, and sit back until you’re golden brown.
Beach pic of Seaside, Florida.
2. A good cooler. We ourselves have a vintage Coleman much like the one pictured. Its side handles make it easy to carry. Someone smart among you, please invent a cooler with gigantic wheels that will roll through the sand. Also, please make it motorized. Thank you.
3. The L.L. Bean tote. It comes in sizes ranging from “holds goggles” to “holds a raft,” and, bonus! Free monogramming.
4. A comfy and light cover-up. Perfect for the beach, a boat ride, or a dinner out, a cover-up is key. Mark & Estel make particularly good ones — I wore mine every single day of my vacay.
5. Who doesn’t love a beach hat? It shields your eyes and face from the blinding sun, and a cowboy hat looks especially pretty with your beach hair.
6. Rainbow sandals. The brand must be Rainbow, y’all. Imitations are unacceptable. Do YOUR flops offer a lifetime guarantee? I thought not. I have had mine for over ten years, and they are still going strong.
7. A good chair. We were lucky enough to have cheery-colored Adirondack chairs at the beach house we rented, but you can get a canvas or nylon one just about anywhere. Don’t be sitting on the sand with your cute cover-up and beer cozy. That ain’t right.
Thank you so much for letting me be here with y’all. And thank you, sweet Victoria, for having me! Now go get yourselves somewhere with an ocean view.