souvenirs de paris – part deux.

i love souvenirs, but perhaps not in the traditional sense. sometimes i like the kitschy stuff, like the eiffel tower key chains (above). but, my keepsake purchases are usually more useful – something i can use in the kitchen, like the egg cup from merci – i’ll be eating my soft boiled eggs in it one morning and think “ahhh, i got this in paris“. i like those kinds of mementos. nothing was too expensive either…nothing over €27. here’s a look at what i brought back to remind me of my summer days in paris.

some japanese (go figure!) tape from merci; an old photograph of the eiffel tower and a vintage bracelet i found at ew, on rue saint paul; and, naturally i couldn’t resist the photobooth for €2 at bon ton – a beautiful children’s store.

an adorable rose print aline skirt and silk scarf from a small boutique in le marais, which i no longer can remember the name of — mon deui!

some stark white bensimon sneakers from their shop in le marais; some lovely smelling soap from a french pharmacie around the corner from my apartment.

a simply must have, ladurée macarons…before, and after – they’re all gone, but i needed to keep the sweet box!

some simple charm necklaces from merci. one is strung on ribbon, the others on waxed red twine. i think i’ll wear them all together, or wear one as a bracelet.

a sweet print pillow from bensimon that was on sale; and a wooden mortar and pestle i found at the paris flea — can’t wait to grind up some fresh herbs and fondly remember where it came from.

i had to have the kusmi tea, if not just for the delicious tea, but these great tea tins, too. and a vintage tea towel from another wonderful vintage shop on rue saint paul, au petit bonheur la chance — there’s lots of flea market type shops clustered on this street! more to come on my adventures there…

• all photos © sfgirlbybay.

Comments
24 Responses to “souvenirs de paris – part deux.”
  1. Lieke says:

Great finds! I laughed when I saw the eiffel tower key chains, they are sold everywhere in Paris, you really can’t miss them ^^ I really like the things you bought at merci. That store must be so amazing!

2. jamie says:

so lovely…great finds:) thanks so much for sharing…what an adventure!

3. Kacie says:

Oh man! You are killing me with these Paris posts. It’s my favorite place on Earth. Love these little finds. Sigh….

Kacie

4. Megan says:

Everything is so pretty! I especially love that striped tape.

5. oh my gosh bensimon, laduree and kusmi tea are the absolute best! i miss paris! great pics!

6. d r e w says:

great finds! i recently discovered bensimon shoes and i really really want a pair!

7. desiree says:

I hav been searching so much for St Paul last year.. I found it in Sebastian’s book (dunno if you are familiar with him / link on my favorite books and magazines list on my sidebar) I did find it just an hour before leaving town and it was all closed. As there were so many places closed.. I do not really like the fact of Paris having almost all shops closed for the entire month of August.. It kinda sucks LOL

8. What great finds. I have a sweet little bowl I bought in provence that always reminds me of France every time I put anything in it. Love little treasures like that.

Cynthia

9. JWK says:

Fantastic treasures!!

10. Ysa says:

Deuxième partie super! Une lectrice française.

11. jolene abbott says:

Kusmi tea is the best! I got hooked on the Detox one. It is a green tea w/ lemongrass. Delish!

12. Great finds. Great photos!!

13. carlene says:

You know what, your photos are so beautiful, you don’t even need to buy anything to bring home, they are the best souvenirs (but go ahead and buy stuff anyway, I mean, I’m not insane.)

14. victoria says:

thanks, carlene. my nikon broke, so i had to use my iphone with the shakeit app! :)

15. stephanie says:

Everything is so lovely, you have fantastic taste.

16. Joan says:

Your photos really are like a day trip to Paris. And sooooooooo much easier than the flight to get there! Merci beaucoup, Victoria!

17. Suzanne says:

So lovely… and I completely agree with you about the Kusmi tea! yum.

18. victoria, i’m also a blogger from san francisco and currently in paris. i was inspired by this post to check out laduree and kusmi tea. i am in love with kusmi earl grey at the moment. thanks for sharing your finds. xoxo, tina

19. victoria says:

i’m drinking some of the kusmi rose green tea now – it’s lovely! :)

20. Such fun goodies! I got a couple of pairs of Bensimon sneakers…so fun! I had such fun at the pharmacies and bought a few creams and lotions that I love! Oh…this is making me want to go back NOW!

21. mell says:

Hi!

Thanks so much for your wonderful posting about us!

Please feel free to reach me. I will be happy to provide you more details and new info about next collection!
    I am based in NYC.