frankie says r-e-l-a-x.

i’ve had this old shadow box like-thingy from the flea market for a while now, and i’ve never been quite too sure what to display in it. but then, i remembered i had these vintage porcelain letters that spell out r-e-l-a-x collecting dust for a while now, so i plopped them in there upright and they just seemed to fit. a nice, and oft-needed reminder around here. except for maybe lucy, she has no problem relaxing.

• all photos © sfgirlbybay.

Comments
23 Responses to “frankie says r-e-l-a-x.”
  1. Cathy Jean says:

That shadow-box thingy is awesome! You did a great job with it! I love it. It looks really beautiful. Nice job, and lucky Lucy! Great room btw..

2. brittni says:

love it. great diy!

3. Mo says:

I love Frankie, now that’s going to be in my head all day. Great project and of course Lucy has relaxing down to an art form, especially after her wild play dates?

4. What a brilliant idea – so perfect for any space! And Lucy – so cute…

5. Kacie says:

Wow. I’ve never seen anything like that. I love it! Now I’m gonna be on the look out!

Kacie

6. Lisette says:

Love it!! Great reminder, btw!!

7. Anna @ D16 says:

I love that Lucy is sooooo your dog. I mean look at her! I can’t imagine that she was ever anywhere else other than with you. (I feel like that about our dogs, too. Isn’t it amazing that they wound up with us?!)

I also love those porcelain letters. I’ve never seen anything like them! So pretty.

8. victoria says:

mo – sorry about that! ;)

thanks – it turned out to be a good little reminder. i wish i knew what this actually was – maybe some kind of Victorian inset from an old home.

anna – lucy and i do fit. both like to be sloth-like when possible. too bad we’re both so busy! ;)

9. You have the best eye for vintage stuff!

10. judith b. says:

Brilliant!

11. Miss B. says:

I can’t help but comment on your beautiful fur baby, love, love getting a glimpse of her:) And yes, very creative as always Miss Victoria!

xx,

Miss B.

12. jenny says:

Beautiful Lucy!

13. victoria says:

you guys crack me up — i’m just gonna make an ‘all-lucy-all-the-time’ blog. ;)

14. da mama of lauren says:

love those letters that spell out ‘relax’. perfect for your shadowbox.

btw, is your butterfly chair seat made of fabric? if so, would you be so kind as to tell me where you got the cover?

15. Naomi Bulger says:

Ah, lovely. I need a relax / unwind mantra on my wall too. And so pretty! Just looking over at my dog Oliver doing a Lucy impersonation on the couch, maybe I could learn a thing or two.

16. Emma says:

this is really awesome. love that it’s 3D.

17. Debby says:

Very cute. We should all take a lesson from our dogs… they certainly know how to relax.. yours is too cute! xo

18. Valerie says:

Good Morning from sunny southern Manitoba!! I SO enjoy scouring your site each morning…AND LOVE your dear sweet baby…gosh, you must love her to bits!! Cheers, Valerie.

19. victoria says:

thanks very much, everyone. it was a pretty simple project – that’s for sure!

and lucy – well, she’s the love of my life, and a very good girl. she’s as smart and fun as she is cute (unbiased, really).

20. Leanne says:

Perfect! It looks fantastic on the white wall. If you don’t mind, I’d like to do a pillow inspired by it. Cream letters on a dark cocoa background.

I love all the pictures of Lucy out and about in SF, and now to see her at home, I suspect she convinced you to decorate around her lovely self.

Thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable blog!

Leanne