absolute beginner.

okay, so i am just an absolute beginner, and i don’t want to embarrass my awesome blogshop teachers bri emery and angela kohler too much, but i learned so freakin’ much at weekend’s workshop, i can hardly stand it. i just want to keep making blog posts all night & day – it was that much fun. i have been flying by the seat of my pants in photoshop – never before taken a class, and to finally know what i’m doing, is just so satisfying. i made these post layouts in blogshop class, and while nothing too crazy — i’ve never even worked in photoshop layers before this — let alone opened them up! we learned masking, layering, barreling, and then some serious retouching techniques, not to mentioned animated gifs (things could get fancy around here)!

blogshop was awesome and inspiring, and i can’t recommend it more highly. really – we had a blast, barely wanted to stop for the delicious lunch, and met some wonderfully talented classmates at teahouse studio, where the worskshop was held. blogshop is traveling the world – so if you want one in your city, let them know! i think they are working on blogshops in paris and berlin. i suggested london, baby! how does that sound?

• photo credits, top to bottom: hilda grahnat, beach chair from gallant & jones, and lucy snowe photography; elle decor, is photography, sfgirlbybay. lonny and decoratualma.

Comments
27 Responses to “absolute beginner.”
  1. Henrietta says:

I’m so happy for you for getting to know photoshop, it makes life so much more creative, doesn’t it:)

2. Chelsea says:

Oh, I am just even more excited now. I am going to blogshop in Chicago in a couple of weeks and am really looking forward to it. I love what you created.

3. that’s fantastic victoria! knowing photoshop just opens up a whole new way of being creative… have fun!!

4. Julie says:

I’m all signed up for Blogshop in NY for September and I cannot wait! I really need to learn some stuff. Badly. You’re doing a great job, Victoria!

5. Mo says:

It looks awesome. I love the soft colors. How do we find a list of Blogshop locations and dates?

6. victoria says:

thanks you guys! it’s quite addicting and i could play all day, practicing what we learned.

mo – if you go to their website, you can check for upcoming classes, or email them from their website:

i’m excited for those of you already signed up – it’s a blast!

7. christine says:

oh man, I would have given my left arm to attend. Perhaps you could do an animated gif tutorial post? ;)

8. Halina says:

I wish they could have an online course. We are a couple of friends in Norway that would be very interested :D

9. Yay! These look so amazing! Barrels and layers and masks, oh my!!! Loving the drop shadow on that chair :)

10. Kacie says:

I can’t wait to get photoshop and take a class. That’s my next step! Love all the work you did. Looks great.

Kacie

11. Moira says:

I’m so inspired. I always use Photoshop with a pit in my stomach and sweaty hands, because I don’t know what I am doing. This looks like the answer to my Photoshop-stress-related syndrome.

12. it was so lovely to meet you, victoria – you are fabulous! and i agree, what a fun and inspiring class. hope to see you again soon!

13. victoria says:

moira – exactly how i always felt. now i just feel so much more inspired and confident. it’s a new world! :)

kelly – so nice to meet you, too! and your blog is beautiful. and you’re already implemented all that you learned. wow!

14. hannah says:

photoshop is such an amazing tool! what blogshop does is so great and helps so many people. i’ve been a designer for many years now so i know a thing or two about photoshop and i just had to say that i would have never know you were a beginner ;) even if your photos never had text or layers on them before your blog is great! i especially love the separated at birth posts… so clever! cheers to getting fancy in the future, though, have fun!

15. Terhi says:

Oh my god thank you so much for this and sharing youre secrets. Im a fan of you and now I salute you, thank you thank you. Marvelous, awesome, im so exicited for this.

16. jennifer says:

so fun! i need to start saving now! :)

17. Darina says:

Victoria, these are GORGEOUS!! Great job, I’m impressed. Do you know of other blog workshops here in SF? I recently started a new blog and I’d LOVE to learn more blogging skills.

Thanks,
    Darina
    afoggycitylife.blogspot.com

18. look at your mad photoshop skills!!! you are rocking it lady! so lovely to meet you this weekend at blogshop! your talents and blog are truly an inspiration to me! keep up the amazing posts!

19. sécia says:

Well done! Love that first photo with the chair in the sky. Very cool.

♥ sécia

20. leaca says:

I recently purchased CS5 after using CS2 for years and I am lost. I was not that proficient to begin with. I need this class.

21. victoria says:

leaca – it was awesome. i don’t know if they would go to alaska – but seattle! :)

22. OH my goodness. I want to learn photoshop so badly! Very tired of the free version of picnik. I want to be fancy!

23. Wow, If they are coming to Chicago I am in!!
    xx
    callie

24. victoria says:

they are callie, but it may be close to be being sold out…so check the website! :)

25. Sara says:

Please come to London. I would love that!!

26. Jennifer says:

Wow. I can really tell that blogshop is worth every single penny. I really hope they have a class in Texas!!!

27. Tam says:

love love love! It’s my absolute dream to do a blogshop course. i’m waiting for the girls to come back to australia…..fingers crossed!!!