vintage finds for a modern world: glen proebstel.

once again, the lovely monique germon of story introduces me to something special. she sent along this link to one of Australia’s best interior stylists, Glen proebstel. i love the way he pulls these images together – vintage inspired, but with a fresh, modern feel. for more of glen proebstel’s beautiful work visit his website and drop in on his blog.

• all photos courtesy of Glen proebstel

Comments
19 Responses to “vintage finds for a modern world: glen proebstel.”
  1. Ninotchka says:

I die for those old, crackling peeling walls. Very King’s Speech, no?

2. Beautiful. I agree about the King’s Speech comment. I’d love living in a space like this.

3. Thank you for your beautiful blog – I just can’t get enough of it!

4. victoria says:

it IS very king’s speech – good eye, ladies!

thank you, antonia!

5. Carla says:

Love! So many bits of eye candy today plus, congrats on your other piece on Meg’s place that’s posted on Refinery 29. Yay you!

6. victoria says:

thanks carla, it’s actually anh-minh’s place – meg’s anthology partner, and i’ll be sharing more tomorrow!

7. Zsa Zsa says:

I really love it when vintage and modern come together. Warm and lovely!

8. vivian hoebe says:

now i know for sure, i love vintage!

9. Maia says:

I love the colorfully-distressed walls.

10. Penny Patten says:

Great photo’s of some wonderful finds!

11. Kacie says:

These rooms are absolutely fantastic. I want to find a way to squeeze them all into my house! I’d love your advice. I am redoing my floors next month (with laminate) and am torn between dark and light wood. Do you have any suggestions? I LOVE dark but am not sure it’ll work with the oak countertops we are putting in the kitchen!

Kacie

• victoria says:

kacie – the one thing i know about dark floors is that they really show the dirt, and need vacuuming/sweeping constantly. but my mom just put them in and they are beautiful. she painted all her cabinets white and it’s a stunning contrast.

• Kacie says:

Ugh I’m so torn. I just spent the weekend at a friends house and they said the same thing, they have 2 dogs and 2 kids. I have one cat and one baby but can barely find the time to vacuum. Don’t want to spend my life sweeping but I love their dark elegance! I suppose the more practical light wood will probably win out… Thank you for your input.

Kacie

12. Tara says:

I am in LOVE with that color-distressed wall! It looks like a tapestry….where can I find it?

13. I’m with Victoria on this one! Not sure if it’s distressed or a tapestry!
    I did take some faux-finish classes – would love to try that – perhaps on a small wall !

Gorgeous – love the vintage look – enjoy little splashes of it here and there.
    I have some old shoehorns, my baby shoes (not brass), and old violin a great uncle carved and a platter my parents won for ‘best waltxz’ back in the 50’s :)

Love to look at them and enjoy having them in my home!
    Lovely collection

Follower! Elena http://www.ideainteriorsmtl.blogspot.ca

14. marzena says:

can anyone tell how to make that wall its so beautiful

15. T says:

I exchanged emails with Glen, who staged this shoot. The purple and orange wall in the first photo is a rug hung on the wall.