the big reveal!

well, here it is! at long last the new and improved sfgirlbybay. i hope you will like it as much as i am in love with it. and without further ado, i am really excited to announce the designers behind it, because without them, well it might look very much like one of those crayola drawings of a one-dimensional home with a chimney, a cloud, and one tree. maybe a stick figure dog in the yard.

my fantastically fun new logo was designed by the super talented artist shanna murray, and her beautiful creation set the tone for much of the design to follow. thank you so much, shanna, you designed exactly what i was envisioning without even having to say it out loud. shanna, you had me at hello.

and the overall concept and magically delicious design and development? yep, some of you may have guessed from my secretive tweets — that our very own much beloved anna dorfman of door sixteen made me the happiest blogger in the land, designing this brand new, bright and shiny blog for me. i literally cried with utter and complete joy when anna sent me the first comp — that someone could get me so well. we may be separated at birth after all — certainly by many miles — but not at heart. thank you anna, for everything i ever wanted (with the exception of the man of my dreams, and maybe much longer legs).

and now — the big reveal:

so, please do have a look around! you’ll now find the navigation bars on the right, so click and discover! everything is still there, but hopefully improved for you to easily find just what you may be so desperately seeking:

• there’s a little bit about me, and my awesome contributors — read about them — they’re talented people you wanna know.

• check out the categories – everything is there, just roll over the categories, click and browse by thumbnail!

resources – still sharing the most up to dates finds around the web, and beyond.

• there’s a bit about my press, should you find that scintillating reading.

• you can contact me about sponsorship, including discounts for independent designers and mom&pop shops. i love those.

• and, lastly, a way to contact me — i always like to hear from you.

should you have any questions about the new site, or have any trouble (we may have some tiny glitches to work out), please comment below, and i’ll get back to you asap! i hope you like it! have fun and here we go – brand new and improved sfgirlbybay! happy, happy!

Comments
128 Responses to “the big reveal!”
  1. Pretty – I like the floral header at the top.

2. Emily says:

I really like the re-design! It’s not too busy but really striking! Love that floral banner peeking out at the top!

3. So beautiful Victoria! Awesome sauce :)

4. amazing! it’s just oh so beautiful!

5. OMG IT LOOKS SO AMAZING! GORGEOUS.

Isn’t Anna the BEST?! We’re lucky people, Victoria. Congratulations on the new site!

6. Hydi says:

Congrats, love your logo. Looks so fresh!

7. ashley says:

looks absolutely wonderful, v!
    great work, ladies :)

8. Vic it looks super! I remember seeing that logo before ;-) Go Shanna!
    Congrats to you and kudos to Anna for creating such a lovely design.

9. nicole says:

oh my gosh Victoria!!! i love EVERYTHING! Shanna made your logo oh-so-very dreamy!!! and i love the cursive fonts A LOT. your “categories” page might just be my favorite. and this pale pink grainy side trim with zig-zag cuteness is killing me! soo good all around. Anna is a genius no doubt about that. it’s perfectly sweet, classy, cool, & super pretty. i bet you can’t stop looking at it, huh? :) this makes reading your blog even more of a JOY! congrats to you & your team. oxo

10. jodi says:

it looks fantastic!!!

11. Kelly says:

It is gorgeous!!

12. Haley says:

Such ridiculously BEAUTIFULAMAZINGAWESOMENESS!

13. ModFruGal says:

So Nice! Congrats on a great new look!

14. sandra says:

wooooho! pop the champagne!
    looks great!

15. Congratulations to you and your amazing team! I know what an effort of love a redesign can be and for you to be so thrilled after going through it all means it was everything you were hoping for.

16. Jen b says:

Fantastic!! Certainly worth the wait!!

17. maya says:

looks great!!! , congratulations! ,
    yay , all my fave bloggers unite!

18. It looks amazing!! Congrats!

19. MARIA says:

really is incredible. I think the logo icon at the bottom of every page the combo of the rose+logo would make for a great tattoo. so pretty. well done. congrats!

20. automatism says:

Just gorgeous, V. Love your vision for your site, and such a fantastic job by anna and shanna. Congrats!!!

Lori
    xo

21. It’s amazing!! So you and so, so wonderful!! Congrats!!

22. Will says:

The new site looks fabulous, Victoria! The logo is SUCH a good fit!

23. MissNatalie says:

I LOVE how clean and simple the redesign is–big congrats to your whole team! Shanna’s new logo for you is charming and gives a bit of whimsy without going over the top. I am in love with the new sidebar navigation and color scheme–it lets the content sing instead of hiding it amongst a fussy background. I really appreciate that all the ads are in one place; it makes them easier to look at and understand. Also, the secondary logo at the bottom is quite sweet. Anna, Shanna, and you did a great job.

24. Love the new look! It all looks great. I especially love the flowers on the header!

25. Mariella says:

Congratulations Victoria! The site looks wonderful and the design is super cute with these flowery details!

26. victoria says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone! i just woke up, because i barely went to bed, but I’m so happy you like it! thanks to Shanna and Anna!! i can’t express how much they mean to me for all their hard work and love of design. xo

27. Nicole says:

Yay! It’s perfect. Anna and Shanna did a great job with your look!

28. Ashlee says:

THE SITE LOOKS SO AMAZING! I LOVE THE CLEAN DESIGN AND WHIMSICAL TOUCHES! IT’S MODERN AND GIRLY! love! <3

29. Love, love, love! Congrats Victoria…everything is beautiful!

30. Chantale says:

I love the banner, the fowers, the logo! There’s such a welcoming and warm feel to your blog. Congratulations! It’s beautiful and easy to navigate.

31. emma lamb says:

Victoria, tha new blog design looks amazing and I love that you kept all the white. It looks really clean and pretty and very much you! How lovely it must have been to work with such talented folk as Shana and Anna, they have done such a fabulous job!
    I love it… !
    Emma, x

32. Giulia says:

Great design. I recognized Shawna’s work right away – I have two of her decals at home. Makes a lovely statement on your blog. congrats.

33. Mariela says:

Congratulations on your new design, looks amazing, have a great day.

34. tina says:

looks GREAT! you have such good taste. :) shanna and anna did a wonderful job!
    -Tina

35. Yvonne says:

Congrats!!! You new site and logo are amazing.

36. Dee says:

What a fantastic re-design. It suits your personality and style completely and I love that the design itself doesn’t overshadow the content. Well done team. Designers you rock!

37. Super-duper swank – I love it! :)

38. Ellie says:

Oooh…. it’s very lovely.
    Congratulations!

39. Congratulations to all you talented ladies. Your blog looks amazing Victoria and you have every right to be delightful!!

Bravo!!

: D Deb

40. Elizabeth says:

Absolutely stunning and so fun!

41. Love the new header….

42. Just beautiful, V! I know how nervewracking and time-consuming these revamps can be, but you handled it all seamlessly, my dear!

43. DABITO says:

Hooray!! I love it all! It’s super duper gorgeous and delicious! :D

44. happy day! looks amazing!

45. victoria says:

it’s all thanks to SHANNA and ANNA. thank you all so much for the kind comments. they worked so hard!!

46. Kate says:

Wow, looks fantastic and seems so spot-on. Congrats on a beautiful new site! Yay for talented friends. =)

47. Naomi says:

Wow! They did a fantastic job! And I love the animated gif :) THREE CHEERS!

48. Really, really, lovely. I love the black/white and floral– modern and feminine with personality.

49. room6 says:

beautiful! well done everyone :)

50. Tina says:

I love big reveals! This is so great because I adore your blog, and Anna is somewhat of a personal hero for me (Oh god…..I hope she doesn’t get creeped that I just said that.).
    It really is something I never would have dreamed up, and that makes it all the more amazing. Great job, ladies!

Xx Tina

51. Congrats! It looks amazing! It’s so easy to navigate and, of course, it’s beautiful!

52. christiana says:

BEAUTIFUL – modern, fun, fresh, unique! Congratulations, Victoria, Anna and Shanna!

53. anna says:

It looks SO good! yours is the only page i ever look at regularly (it’s def in my bookmark bar!) I’m loving the new look and I can’t wait to see what great new posts you have to offer!

54. danielle says:

gorgeous victoria! congratulations!!! xo

55. silvia says:

it looks great victoria! i love the colors! :)

56. Pretty darn adorable!! Looks absolutely fab… a really fresh look :)
    ~el

57. Ms. P & C says:

Gorgeous! Excellent work by Anna and a lovely refresh for you!!!

58. sarah says:

great new design! very impressed :)

59. WOW!! Totally blown away with the pretty and awesomeness!!

60. rena says:

v, i love it! you all did a great job!!

61. Cassi says:

I am going nuts over the floral + black + white, Victoria!! It is a gorgeous combo, and I can’t wait to explore the new-and-improved site more today. :)

62. minouette says:

You know it’s lovely, but I really like the font on the ‘SF’ insignia in the rose circle which now shows up in the task bar at your URL. Little details matter. Congrats on the new look.

63. wendy says:

B E A U T I F U L !! i love it!

64. LOVE IT!!! Such a fresh and sexy look. Congrats Victoria

65. ohh victoria {& team!}, it is SO PERFECT! i absolutely love all the little details. well done! xx

66. jHill says:

i love the floral banner and the colors. so pretty!

67. MichelleP says:

Holy Moly – it’s better than awesome! Bravo!!

68. Laura says:

This looks great! I look forward to navigating the new site. I will admit to a tiny bit of nostalgia for the blossom photo underneath your previous logo. I loved the color and light in that picture—it always cheered me up!

69. whorange says:

SO BEAUTIFUL! I feel happy just looking at it. :)

70. Kristin says:

Victoria,
    You’re new site design = GORGEOUS!!
    Bright and fresh and organized BEAUTIFULLY!
    Congrats :-)
    Kristin

71. Victoria: the new site looks fabulous…so glad it all worked out and thanks again for all your help…

72. friggin LOVE everything about it!!

73. Yay!!!!! absolutely wonderful. congratulations victoria xoxoxo

74. victoria says:

thanks everyone, again. i’m so happy you all like it so much! i am overwhelmed! xoxo

75. SuuuhWEET! You ladies are a perfect team :)

76. Lynn says:

What a totally gorgeous metamorphosis – it’s inviting, and joyous, and uncomplicated-where-it-counts.
    Also: I can’t express how much I love those sumptuous flowers peeking over the top edge…..

77. meg says:

It looks SO SO good! There have been a lot of site redesigns lately that have had me cringing… but yours! SO BEAUTIFUL. Bravo. :)

78. isa says:

So beautiful! I love it!

79. Iris says:

Like it? Love it! I feel at home instantly. Well done!
    x Iris

80. Kacie says:

This is so exciting! I just launched my new site TODAY and I am just as thrilled as you are. It’s so great to have a new home for all the hard work. Your homepage is beautiful!

Kacie

81. xanthe says:

Brilliant, Love the new look! Well done to you all x.

82. I LOVE it! it looks amazing.

83. Keen, clean, blogging machine. Super!

84. OMG I love it! So beautiful! Makes me want t redesign!

85. susana majewski says:

great!!!!!!! a new outfit for the year!!!!!

86. WAUW Victoria the new design is looking fantastic! I love the side bar and am gonna explore all right now!
    from Amsterdam , Desiree

87. esther says:

Stunning, really! Job well done!

88. Inge says:

It looks fantastic, Victoria! It’s strong and simple, yet still has that playful and retro sfgirlbybay je-ne-sais-quoi. I also love the colour palette and the zigzag detail for the sidebar section. Hats off to Anna and Shanna, and congratulations on the new look!

89. maria del campo says:

beautiful! congratulations!

90. Laurel says:

I seriously love it so much! :) The entire new layout is awesome, but the categories are especially super cool.

91. Your new look is simply mouth watering. Love it!

92. arvee says:

I love girly! I love the flowers at the top! ♥

93. Oh Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It’s spectacular. I love it. Sleek, chic, girlie but modern. So fabulous!
    BRAVA lady!!

Oh and *ahem* the animation?
    looooooooove. you are adorable.

xoxo

94. Leone says:

Love love love the new design! From what I “know” of you from your site I’d say this suits you perfectly. It’s fun, oh so pretty yet unfussy, and easy to navigate. Anna did a bang up job!

95. jan says:

Congratulations Victoria (Anna and Shanna) – it’s a beautiful collaboration! Love it!

96. Kyle Hayes says:

Gorgeous! Love the new look and fab new logo!

97. casey says:

love it so much!
    every last detail.
    even checking the box to confirm i’m not a spammer.
    xoxo

98. SB says:

Acutally, I prefer the old site and logo…sorry!

99. I am a little bit slow off the mark to comment cause I was too busy snooping around the site for the last I-don’t-know-how-many-hours in true stalker style. The new site is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! It makes me feel sick!!!
    Congratulations to everyone involved – friggin’ awesome job!!
    x dana

100. Congratulations Victoria & team! It’s lovely, elegant, charming–all those sweet and wonderful words. Such a nice change. So thrilled for you!!

101. Gabbie says:

I love love love your new site – I’m a new reader but I think it suits your style perfectly!

102. looks awesome – love the new top banner!

103. Krissy says:

Holy WOW! It looks amaaaazing. I want to sit here and stare at it all day. Well done to Anna and Shanna! Man, if I’m this excited about it, I can only imagine how over the moon you must be, Victoria.

104. dawn says:

superfun redesign —good job!

105. beauty comma says:

oh wow victoria, this is absolutely super cool – congratulations on the new design! i love that you can pull off the pinks and the roses without becoming too romantic. it’s perfect. and oh, the text marker is pink, too (noticed when i edited my comment so it wouldn’t be stupid)! i love details like that.

106. christine says:

It is perfect! I absolutely love it. Fun, refreshing and crisp. Cheers to girls just wanna have fun!

107. LOVE it! Congrats on the new site – it looks great!

108. beautifully done, i’m in utter love.

109. sabrina says:

OH WOW! Victoria, I LOVE the new design! Congratulations, Its amazing!

110. I’m not much of a commenter, but I do read your blog (almost religiously)! And today I was completely stunned by your absolutely beautiful banner! I love strong and bold black and white.
    So let me join the ranks of complementers and say: I take my hat off to you! (well, actually my head band ;-)) Beautifully done!

111. Piper says:

beautiful!! love, love it – especially the logo (i have such a thing for shanna murray’s designs!!)

112. Miss B. says:

I love, love, love! It’s happy, light, bright with tremendous style just like you!

113. beautiful!!! i llllllooove it!

114. Amy Wing says:

Victoria,
    The new site looks great, and has a fun, peppy, designy feel that I love. Your little animated photos with the polka dot scarf is so cheerful, and it looks like you’re wearing one of my necklaces in those pictures which made me even happier! Congrats again on the new look!

115. victoria says:

thanks again everybody for the warm welcome ‘back’. i am so happy with the way the new site turned out, and much relieved that you all love it too! it’s been a crazy week trying to catch up, but i so appreciate all your kind comments! xo