separated at birth.

inspiration and decorating ideas come from many places and in many forms, and fashion is no exception. i see an outfit, and i think, “oh, i love that color combination, and that print!” and i then get it into my head that art can imitate life! for this round of separated at birth, vintage fashions inspired some decorating ideas for around the house. like the outside dining nook above, inspired by miss faye dunaway’s poolside post-oscar pose.

ursula andress’ updo with fluffy pink feathers make me think of flamingos.

raquel welch lounges on a yellow sofa to die for, and replicate.

criss-cross wallpaper pattern inspired by babs’ fishnets.

a bubble chair, inspired by audrey hepburn’s sip of champagne.

anne bancroft’s sexy stockings inspire a feminine pink room with black accents.

Comments
25 Responses to “separated at birth.”
  1. Kacie says:

Yes! These are my favorite! I love the Barbara one! And the Audrey one (I love anything and everything Audrey and am actually giving away a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany’s on my blog this week!) I mean, could she be any more fabulous. Thanks!

Kacie

2. Very nice! Love the pink – Anne Bancroft’s room in the end! The colors mesh so well!

————–
    Gayatri
    Look who’s Wearing (LwW)

3. Jackie Rueda says:

what an extraordinaire post! this is so creative! I love it.

4. obsessed with these posts! totally brilliant!

5. jodi says:

i love these posts so much. this one is especially lovely.

6. whorange says:

genius…as always.

7. Will says:

I just love that faye dunaway picture. Always have done. I love how everyone takes a different meaning from it, you know?

• victoria says:

me too, will. i always think she looks a little bit bored, perhaps a bit sad or lonely in this shot by terry o’neill. like she has no one to share her success with.

8. Great post!! I love the flamingo painting!

9. Amanda Joy says:

Love the pairings! (and also love the new look btw!)

10. Victoria,
    Do you still have the “friends” list somewhere on your site? I loved using it to click through to other sites, and I don’t have any of them bookmarked! I had a little ritual: check out your comings and goings, and then move along to your (and my) friends…now I don’t know how!

xo,
    Christina

11. gorgeous pairings, victoria! also, i’m a little late to the game but your new site looks absolutely lovely. really beautiful and so well done!

12. victoria says:

thanks so much everyone! i’ve got to do some more ‘man pairings’! :)

13. Jess says:

I *love* this series. I think it would be such a fantastic coffee table book, if only you could get to reproduce the images! Let me know if that is possible. :)

14. Cathy Jean says:

Stunning! We are so lucky to have lived the 60′s (however young) and are now seeing it come back in design and fashion. You did a really good job here. When I was a girl those stockings Raquel is wearing were such a treat. Wearing stockings like those, were the number one exclamation that I was grown up! At all of 11 years old. lol Like yur new profile pic by the way.

15. Oh dear, I’m so in love with this post I’m going to have to stare at it for a while, and come back to it for sure. You’ve earned yourself a new stalker! ;o)

p.s. LOVE the blog design.

16. Miss B. says:

Oh could this being ANY more fabulous?! Love Raquel so much.

17. amelia says:

oh, i love your separated at birth posts and these pairings are just so lovely! this post was just the dose of inspiration i needed today – thank you! and i agree, that faye dunaway photo is amazing. cheers!

18. speaking of birth – you were born to do this segment. i love it!! especially the audrey hepburn-inspired room!

19. Love criss-cross wallpaper pattern .

20. Carol says:

I think that’s Julie Newmar, not Ursula Andress. Still, the association is spot-on. :o)