girl crush.

hello there! it’s danielle from the jealous curator, back again with another artsy girl crush. this week it’s all about minneapolis based painter jennifer davis.

sigh - i love her work. the very first piece i ever saw was that very angry, yet fancy, bear wearing little red mary-janes. yep, after that i was totally hooked. her work is like a beautiful series of bizarre dreams – llamas wearing sweaters, a tiger girl in hot pink pumps, and an overwhelmed weimaraner in stripy tights? oh yes, these are exactly the kind of dreams i want to have:

maybe a really big whip-creamy, sprinkle covered strawberry sundae right before bed will bring me dreams that look like this? hey, i’m willing to try!

Comments
10 Responses to “girl crush.”
  1. amanda says:

I’m a major fan of Jennifer Davis. I’ve been to several of her gallery shows in Minneapolis. We hope to buy one of her paintings someday. I’d love one of her floral/landscapes on a huge scale. They’re just as cool as her figures. Great post!

2. Will says:

Love these – so creative. Thanks for introducing us to her work.

3. Moira says:

Hi Danielle – I adore Jennifer’s work and have had a longtime arty crush on her too. I’m always thrilled to spot dogs in her pieces and share them with my readers. She is the real deal.

4. Jill says:

Seriously love all of them! As always – great taste and love ur new site design!!!!!!

5. You might also like the work of Julia Pott, a London-based graphic designer and film maker. Come to think of it, I have a sneaking suspicion you’ve featured her postcards here before, but maybe I’m confused. Anyway, her video for Casiotone for the Painfully Alone’s “White Corolla” just *slays* me.

6. so glad you’re all loving jennifer’s work! i love every single piece : )
    jonathan… i love julia pott! i’ve featured her on my site before, and i’m sure victoria has featured her too! another girl crush in the making! (and yes, her animations are hilarious!!)

7. teresita says:

The second one is beautiful, such a peaceful look, but the painting is energetic.

8. Oh my! Thank you very much! xo-jd

9. nicole says:

hands down, my favorite happy girl artist by far! Danielle, you’ve put together the most lovely pieces from Jennifer’s unique & stunning collection. this was truly a treat!! i need a home gallery up in here! oxo

10. Nani says:

I’m a big fans of her works :D

Nani P