inspired by: abigail ahern.

oh man-o-man, todd selby has a new shoot posted of one of my decor heroes, british interior designer abigail ahern. her london townhouse is just the bees-knees! it’s dark and dramatic, and yet full of whimsy and a sense of humor. it’s got all these unexpected bold details, from that crazy poodle lamp from her collection, to that extremely rad turquoise clawfoot table-turned-desk. i shared previous incarnations of abigail’s home here, but i’m loving this update even more. for the full tour of abigail’s home, head on over the the selby.

Comments
26 Responses to “inspired by: abigail ahern.”
  1. nicole says:

those VIEWS! and the mirror over the firplace, honka-honka! loving this feel for fall Victoria. lovely way to start off the week. oxo

2. I saw this layout and about died.
    I adore the dark romance of it all.
    The choice in lamps makes me giddy and now I want to drill holes thru odd objects for lamp bases.
    Just the coolest ever.

3. I really like her interiors….they are dark and moody with a vintage romanticism. Very fun! I am usually drawn to super light and bright spaces, so this is a welcome change for me!

4. Why don’t I own an amazing townhouse in London?! Wah. Every time I see her place I am re-wowed.

P.S. I am similarly re-wowed by how great your site redesign is! You guys really did an awesome job.

5. Jennifer says:

“Moody” is a great word to describe her style. I love the mantle above her fireplace and the poodle lamp!

6. Talk about eclectic! I don’t think I would ever get bored living there!

7. Leslie says:

Yes, please! I’m usually into more minimalist stuff, but this place is AWESOME.

8. The faux library wall is insane! love! love! love! what a cozy home on a rainy day. xo Samantha

9. WOW! I love the dark elegance and the bright pops of color. That bookcase wallpaper! That cage chandelier! What a great place! Thanks for sharing!

Kacie

10. Kristen says:

Those dog lamps are to die for! I had a similar one once I found at the Alamany Flea, but in one of my many moves my husband talked me into sending it to Goodwill…must find another…

11. Shirley says:

What an amazing abode! I especially adore that coffee table, although I’m still trying to figure it out. Is it wood? Fringe? Both? Either way, it’s gorgeous!

12. elizabeth says:

Talk about a space with personality! I love it – it seems so cozy.

13. (Dropjaw) This whole place is so perfect and i love it. I should hire Abigail Ahern someday when I already have my own resthouse, lol. By the way, thanks for sharing.

14. malka says:

I want that Poodle Lamp! It is too darling.

15. Will says:

Isn’t she just fab? Her use of colour inspires me to no end. I went into her store on Upper St on Saturday and let’s just say it’s a good thing the credit card stayed at home! ;)

16. Suzy8track says:

Wow! I love this!

17. judith b. says:

Oh my, we’ll never get enough of Abigail, will we? Her space is just alive with positive energy even on a rainy day in London. Nothing gloomy going on there!
    I love the facade of her house too… How she must have bargained for her half banister in grey, with that little twist at the end! And her dog is irresistible!
    Thanks for a beautiful eyefull!

18. Cathy Jean says:

Very inspiring! Gives me idea’s. I moonlight for Ron Morgan @ Loot and we carry some of these items.- Gold sconces. Animal rugs. Very traditional yet too much fun. Love the book wallpaper. It really makes that room feel bigger than it is. Love high ceilings!

19. Krissy says:

She’s kind of my hero. And kind of a genius too. These made me SO happy when they popped up in my feed reader.

20. noel says:

i love the way she carries that deep gray throughout her house to make it cohesive. it can be such a moody color but she has a way of making it seem almost bright! love it

xo noel