separated at birth.

i recently photographed this great little cacti garden that lives in the back of the general store, out in the sunset district of san francisco. it’s often quite damp with fog out there, so i was surprised how these cacti seem to thrive – hardly what you would call a desert environment where you might expect them to live. anyway, i loved the colors, and thought they’d make a nice match with some mid-century modern interiors. consider this a different sort of separated at birth.

• images via ruche; houzz; susanna vento; the vintage supply co.; plastolux; the brick house.

Comments
14 Responses to “separated at birth.”
  1. Kersey says:

Beautiful. I especially love the last one!

2. amanda says:

this is so beautiful…. 2 things i adore: cactus/succulents & mid century modern spaces.

3. Robin Romain says:

All your ‘Separated at Birth’ posts are crazy good but this one took my breath away. Your eye for combining things makes me swoon. Wowza!

4. Colette says:

Love these posts. A beautiful twist on the original.

5. sécia says:

I don’t know what that vehicle is but I want it!

♥ sécia

6. Oh, I like this take on separated at birth. Love the succulents and the colors.

Kacie

7. Kamila says:

I might be the last to say that but I LOVE your new website design, It look so fresh and nice, so You!!! Great!

8. Really stunning combinations. The aloes and succulents are also very South African and one of my favorite subjects to paint!

9. Jesse Lu says:

Oooh, I also love that last combo, the colors are fantastic. I also love the General Store and wish we had more cool shops like that here in Albuquerque. Maybe I’ll have to open one. ;) Also, I have a great book on cacti and succulents that points out how many different climates these plants thrive in. Many succulents have actually evolved to thrive in high humidity environments such as coastal regions, think San Diego and the Andes. They’re kind of like little miracle plants.

10. Suzanne says:

You’re going to keep doing these, right? Good! Glad to hear it.

This is my favorite Separated at Birth EVER. Thanks for making my day!

11. Cathy G says:

Nice.
    Great new take on Separated at Birth.
    Clever lady.

12. homestilo says:

Great new twist on Separated at Birth!