food for thought: hooker’s sweet treats.

recently i met some friends for coffee at a fairly new spot tucked away just below nob hill in the tenderloin. i did not know however, when i was headed to hooker’s that is was that hooker’shooker’s sweet treats! i’d been a huge (make that ‘crazed’) fan of hooker’s salted caramels for a long while, and whenever friends are in town, i usually insist we pop over to bi-rite market to try them. but now, now i know that hooker’s has it’s very own adorable and vintage-inspired little cafe up on hyde street, so i’ll probably need to take them there, too. here’s a peek…such a cute spot to sit and sip. and eat hooker’s sweet treats!

• all photos © sfgirlbybay.

Comments
33 Responses to “food for thought: hooker’s sweet treats.”
  1. charlie says:

Ummm amazing! So much good stuff has opened up in the Bay since I left, it makes me extra homesick.

Also, was just at Blue Bottle in Jack London Square last weekend, and spied the same amazing bar stools. They’re so science-class-chic and they made me want a kitchen island, just so I could get a set. How’s that for priorities?

2. love the clear & dirty jars!

3. rachel b says:

such an adorable place in such an unassuming spot!
    i love exploring the shops between nob hill and the tenderloin.
    they have some of the greatest mixes of grit and spunk.
    thanks for the preview — i’ll definitely be visiting.

4. acrookedsixpence says:

I wish I lived there. I would pop in every day. x

5. Kimberly says:

Oh my goodness! I must try this place!

6. Laura says:

Mmm, salted caramels. My favorite! Nice find, and good, cozy photos. I personally like the small mason jar coffee mugs very much.

7. brandeye says:

that place looks amazing! i love all the gray.

8. Cutest café ever! Those treats look amazing! Also, I have to say I like that old school looking hanging light bulb. Think I need to find something like that for my place!

9. Julie says:

Gorgeous photos, Victoria!

10. YUM! Those photos are great. It looks like my kind of place!

Kacie

11. Karlie says:

Yeah … That’s not NOB HILL … Mos def smack dab in the middle of the TENDERLOIN. Just sayin’

12. Chelsi says:

I just moved to SF a couple of months ago – This place is now definitely on the top of my list of must sees. Looks stunning and delicious! great post!

13. Brandi says:

How did I not know about this???!!!! Putting this on my to-do weekend list.

14. Wonderful photos! This is a regular destination of ours, we love introducing people to this special little spot!

15. this place looks awesome! i want to decorate my home just like this space!! love the cute mason jars, the subdued paint color, the vintage mirrors and bentwood chairs ~ way cool!!
    xo ~ ks

16. Uncle Beefy says:

Oh my word! I’ve heard of Hooker’s and now, after seeing these images, know how much I’m missing! This place looks right up my alley in almost every way imaginable! Love it! Noted on my SFO list for next time, Victoria! :)

17. corinne says:

thanks for this address ! I’m going to SFO in a month and will try to have cafe there :)
    good day !

18. fanfamfun says:

yummy! i hear they have wonderful breakfasts (waffles!) can you pop some in a box and send them to me in london? ;) x

19. Beautiful place! Have to book a trip to San Francisco immediately!! ;)

20. Cathy Jean says:

Also referred to the Tendernob! Looks yummy. Nice!

21. Miss B. says:

I’ll be in SF in October, totally stopping by this shop and indulging. Love the photos Victoria!

22. Kierston says:

I’ve been buying those caramels forever! They should really put a card for their location on the jar at the check out line….I would have been there much sooner!

23. Fantastic images, Victoria. What camera do you have? Kindest regards, Philippa

24. hooker says:

Hi Victoria, thank you for your kinds words, and beautiful images… Just lovely!

25. Jules says:

Is that Chris Rock sitting there, sipping a latte? LOL

26. Mrmagcore says:

Beautiful pictures!

27. Margaret R says:

OMG OMG OMG we had latte’s and Cheddar biscuits for breakfast which were really good and then the caramels! The 3rd nut caramels were to die for. We only brought back 2 boxes to NYC and when I found out my husband gave one away….well lets just say that anyone who has tasted these would understand that was grounds for divorce!